Lakin and Mia Gray

Lex

Larkin and Maverick returned from their honeymoon and were jet lag. Why may you ask? Because they fell asleep on the couch, the minute they sat down. Good thing the wedding wasn't until tomorrow.

Dad walked in to find them sleeping and chuckled.

They would move to their new house after Lakin's wedding. Since the marriages were so close together, Larking and Maverick camped out at home the night before.

The next day, we all got ready. Since we had it at the house with just our family and the Harpers, it made things less hectic.

Dad went up to check on Lakin and opened the door to find her standing in front of a mirror, fully dressed.

"You look beautiful, baby girl," he said as she turned to him.

"I feel beautiful. I'm marrying the love of my life and having the people I love most here. What could be better than that?" Lakin asked Dad.

He smiled as she smiled back.

"Yo, let's get this show on the road! I'm a very busy man!" Nixon yelled.

"Dude! I'm paying you!" Dad yelled.

"Uh, no, you're not!" Nixon yelled.

"Hey, I offered, and you said no!" Dad shouted.

"No! You offered, and everyone else said no! Now let's move it, people!" Nixon ordered.

Dad sighed, and Lakin laughed as she walked towards him, picking up her dress. He escorted her first, then Michael escorted Mia. Once they were in position, they turned to Nixon.

"Dearly beloved, it gathers us today to unite these two unholy souls in matrimony," Nixon announced.

We looked at him strangely.

"That's right. Don't think I didn't forget about that time I caught you two doing unholy things together. A memory seared into my brain," Nixon told Lakin and Mia.

That was the only time I've ever seen Lakin blush. It was weird.

"Anyway, we know you two will take each other as your wives. If you weren't, we wouldn't be here, now would we?" Nixon mentioned.

Dad facepalmed himself as the rest of us stood there, not knowing what to say.

"Nix, can we get on with this before I'm too old to give a shit?" Grampa told him.

"Dad, you're already old but not as old as Grammy," he retorted.

"Nixon Richard Gray, don't make me beat you with my cane. Now shut the hell up and perform the damn ceremony. I'll be ninety-six before we finish this damn thing," Grammy yelled at him.

Nixon rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, since my twit of a brother Nathan started all this, at least, we know one thing for sure, he gave you both happiness. About time you didn't screw things up, little brother," Nixon said to Nathan, who glared at him. "Now, we know you both will say I do, and we already established that, so why don't we cut to the chase. Now that I hitch you don't screw this up because well, Grammy will beat you with her cane. Let me tell you that freaking hurts," Nixon grumbled.

We all stood there. I swear our uncle was on crack.

"I now give you Lakin and Mia Gray," Nixon declared as we all cheered. Not for the fact Lakin and Mia married, but this God-forsaken ceremony was over now.

"Always the critics," Nixon huffed.

Lakin and Mia shared their kiss then we went out back to have dinner and socialize.

Next came the speeches. Luna went first.

"Lake, they say when you find the one, your heart knows it. No matter what happens, you know that your heart will be the one to guide you. Mia does that for you, and I'm glad. You deserve happiness. Cheers!" Luna toasted.

We toasted then came to Michael. "I've watched my baby sister suffer a lot from the time we lost our parents now. I saw her become happy when she met Lakin. I'm glad she's happy; she deserves it. Lakin, thank you for loving my baby sister. Cheers!" Michael toasted.

We toasted, then Nathan spoke.

"I wanted to say a few words. Lake, you and I have always been close. When I met Mia, I knew she was perfect for you. I know your dad wanted to kill me," Nathan said as Dad rolled his eyes, and we laughed. "But I'm glad he realized and knew why I did what I did. Sorry, big brother, but sometimes we know what's best for your kids. To Lake and Mia, cheers!" Nathan toasted.

We toasted, then finally, Dad stood up.

"Baby girl, just like I told your sister, and I will tell the rest of you, the day you were born was the best days of my life. When we welcomed you five into the world, you were our fighter. I knew no matter what, you would fight for the people you love and what you wanted. I'm glad you found someone to love you as much as we do. I could not ask for a better person for you than Mia. Cheers!" Dad toasted.

After the toasts, we all ate, then came the dances. Lakin and Mia shared their first dance; then, it was the father-daughter dance. Dad led Lakin onto the dance floor, as did Michael with Mia. Since Michael was like a father figure to Mia, it was fitting.

Then came the cake and more dancing. Yep, we love weddings. I knew one thing for sure, the day Piper and I got married, it would be magical.

As the wedding drew to a close, Lakin and Mia went off to their honeymoon. On the plus side, they didn't have to rush back since we were flying down to Myrtle Beach for Luna and Major's wedding.

Since Grammy couldn't fly, they tasked Jonas with staying with her while it went us for a few days. He complained, and Grampa told him to suck it up. Since he got stuck with living with Grammy, Jonas could deal with her for a few days. He also warned him not to ruin their electricity or catch the house on fire.

Jonas told him that Cayson wouldn't be there so that the house would be safe. I don't even want to know what that meant. It wasn't right. Then again, is anything in this family ever good?