The book

Luna

Major and I took things slow. Now that we found out we're not married legally, it made things easier, except Nixon threatened us if we got married legally without him performing, Major wouldn't have any kids. I laughed. Major didn't.

I came out of class, and someone grabbed my hand, jerking me away from the door. Then I felt lips on mine.

"Hi," Major said.

"Hi yourself," I giggled.

"Get a room," Kain said, walking by us with his girlfriend. I rolled my eyes, twit.

Major released me and took my hand, interlocking our fingers as we walked to a coffee shop.

"I was thinking of a movie tonight," he said as we walked.

"We will not watch some boring ass movie, will we?" I groaned.

"Psh, no," he said as I gave him a look.

"Okay, fine, maybe we were. What do you suggest?" Major asked me.

"Little Women," I smiled as he looked at me.

"Okay, fine," he sighed.

We went to have coffee and talked.

"Let me ask you something, Luna, do you ever wonder what it would be like if you didn't have all the siblings you have?" Major asked me.

"Why? Is there a problem?" I asked.

"I'm curious," he said.

"I love my sisters and brother. They can be crazy, but we understand each other and not because we're quints. It has this special bond with them in a way I never imagined," I said wistfully.

He looked at me and smiled. To me, being a Gray was so much more than a name. It was an understanding.

We finished our coffee and went back to my house. As soon as we entered, Lyric met me. "This came for you." She handed me a package. I looked at it, and a smile formed on my face.

"What is it?" Major asked.

"It's something important. Where are the others?" I asked her.

"I think they're up in their rooms," she said, confused.

"Go get them," I said enthusiastically.

Lyric went upstairs and, a few minutes later, returned with Larkin, Lakin, and Lex.

"Dare I ask what's so important that you had to interrupt my sleep?" Larkin asked.

"You'll see," I said as I opened the box and pulled out the contents, which was a book. I handed the book to Larkin. "Here," I said.

She looked at it, "The Gray Brothers?"

She turned it over and read it the back cover.

Maggie Holloway is your typical teen girl. What happens when her parents forced her to live with her trouble maker neighbors, the Gray boys who are the hottest brothers on the planet?

Five boys and one girl makes for a fascinating dynamic.

Join Maggie on her journey in this crazy thing we call life. Her life will never be the same.

She looked at me as did the rest of them. "You wrote a book on Ma and Dad?"

"Well, yeah," I answered happily.

"You know they will kill you when they find out," Lakin said.

I furrowed my brows.

"Oh, Luna, ask first," Lyric sighed.