Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

HARRY'S POV

I drove in silence, Niall next to me. Jade may not have admitted it out loud to me, but the way he acted like more than friends, then completely blew her off, was hurting her. We were close enough that I could tell at least that much. I could also tell that she was liking him even more, despite the fact that she just wanted to be over him.

And honestly, it was pissing me off that Niall couldn't just see what he was doing to her. Even the rest of the boys were becoming aware of what was happening. Jade was our good friend,  and she was slowly drifting away.... Because of Niall.

At first, it wasn't a problem. Then it started to really bother her. She hung out only with me more, but she had to be around Niall quite a bit. He would do something that would make her sure he liked her, too, but then he would act like friends.

When we arrived at the prison, Niall shot me an alarming look.

"What are we doing here?" He asked sharply.

"I said Jade needed my help right now, so I came to help." I shot back.

"She got arrested?"

"No." I said shortly, and walked in.

JADE'S POV

"Jade?" My mother asked.

I walked into her cell and the guard behind me shut it until we were finished speaking.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"I want to say I'm sorry." She licked her lips, and brushed back her dirty blond hair, "I haven't been the best mom lately--"

"The best mom?" I cut her off, "You come home drunk all the time, and I can't stand to be in that damned house and be near you."

"Jade--"

"No!" I yelled. "Dont you dare "Jade" me! You are not my mom! You will never be my mom. I will never forgive you. You think it was hard for you when Dad left? What about me? Stuck at home, a home that smelled like alcohol all the time! Do you realize how idiotic you are? In a house like that, I could have ended up like.... like you! But I didn't. Because I am not weak. I am strong." I told her.

"I'm sorry."

"You should be." I hissed, and walked out, my fingers shaking.

When I got back to the entrance, I spotted a familiar curly-haired head, and sprinted towards it, engulfing my friend, Harry Styles, in a hug.

"Harry, I--" I stopped short, finally spotting the certain someone behind Harry. "Niall?"

"Hi, Jade." He offered me a smile.

I tried to smile back, but it probably didn't look too pretty.

"What happened, Jadey?" Harry asked quietly, meeting my green eyes with his own.

"My mom--"

"Wait, Kitty, you sure you want him to know?" He whispered so Niall couldn't hear.

"It's okay, Haz. He knows."

"He does? Harry seemed surprised.

"Sorta." I grimaced.

"What happened, Jade?" Niall asked, deciding to step in.

"My mother got arrested. She's going to rehab. I need to find a place to live. And I don't have a car." I said, embarrassed, and remembering the first time I had met Niall. I told him I didn't bring my car, when I actually didn't have a car. Couldn't afford it.