New Beginnings

Zoey's POV: 

One year after marriage

It was a year after Bea and I got married. Pareho na kaming grumaduate mula sa mga kurso namin, I now work as a legal consultant for Tito Greg's Security Company. But I had to take a leave for our honeymoon trip that starts this week. We were preparing to leave for the cruise trip we were about to embark on. After a year of being married, we were still going stronger. We didn't have anything to fight about. My wife was caring and understanding, I am still in awe as the day I first met her in the cafe. I looked at her as she slept peacefully in bed, I woke up early today to cook her breakfast.

I stood by the door, in awe of my beautiful wife as she slept soundly. Minsan, naiisip ko kung gaano katibay ang loob nya, before we have met her husband died. Then her grandma died and eventually her cousin Gabe killed himself. She is a strong and independent woman. She now works as a medical technician for a hospital. She also sells packed lunches for her colleagues, which helped us establish an emergency fund for when we need it.

Wala pa kaming plano na magkaroon ng anak. But we both had our eggs frozen for the future. I decided to wake her up. I set the tray down in bed and sat at the bed beside her.

"Love, gising na. I cooked us breakfast." I whispered on her ear.

Her eyes fluttered open, a smile is curved on her luscious lips. She is such a goddess in my eyes. She sits up and I gave her a mug of hot coffee, which she took and set down on her bedside table.

"Thank you, love." She says to me.

I smiled as I took the plate of corned beef, eggs and rice I cooked and handed it to her.

"Welcome, love." I smiled.

She kissed me on my forehead before she started to feed me from the plate. Tapos siya naman ang sumubo.

"Excited ka na ba love para sa cruise mamaya?" She asked me.

"Can't be more excited." I smiled.

She smiiled back at me as she brought out a small box from her bedside table. She hands me the box.

"Open it, love." She said to me.

"What is it for?" I asked her.

"Anniversary gift ko sayo." She smiled.

"Sa January pa ang anniversary natin love, diba?" I asked her.

"No, three years ago today when I kidnapped you and brought you to Batanes, di mo na ba naaalala?"

I opened the box and I was surprised to find a white gold bracelet with charms in it.

It was a beautiful bracelet, she fastens it to my wrist and then she kissed my hand. She smiled a lovely smile she gives to anyone as lucky as I am.