'Gone out shopping. Didn't want to wake you. We will be home in a bit. Love you.' -Mom

I read a note that had been tapped to the cupboard as it caught my eye, my Mom's handwriting delicate as if she barely touched the paper. I wish my writing looked like that, for mine was a complete mess when I tried to handwrite. It didn't look as good as hers, or anyone's that was. Even my normal writing looking bad, as if chicken scratch scribbled all over the page. The writing of a four year old.

Keeping the note where it was, I didn't bother taking it down, as I only began to grab a can of tuna from the pantry, draining the water as I was about to whip up a sandwich. Grabbing the mayonnaise from the fridge, slicing up apple as well to dump in as I made sure not to slice my hand like I had on numerous occasions. I had become rather surprised that my parents didn't wake me up, for they usually didn't like leaving me alone at home. Even though I was fifteen, they still did treat me as if a child, their worrying still full force you could bet. Had they begun to loosen the leash now? Have they noticed their behaviour towards me is a bit overprotective? Did someone say something to them about giving me more freedom? Or have they just realized what they had been doing for years? Come to terms with it? I didn't know, however I was thankful for today, not being woken up early as I was let to sleep in. It felt great. Maybe I will get more freedoms now. Maybe things will change. Maybe they realize I'm getting older, for I am a teen now, and I can make my own decisions, do my own things without them. Oh man I hope so.

Twisting off the tie to the bread, I picked up two even slices from the loaf, placing them down on one of our clear glass plates as I took the fork from my mixed up tuna and apple salad, placing a large chunk in the middle and smoothing it around. Sandwiching the salad together with the bread, I grabbed a napkin as I went to sit by the table, however a sudden thought began to peak in my mind as I was about to dig in. It's so beautiful outside today. Why not eat out there, by the garden? I didn't waste any time, as I agreed with myself the second I thought of it, however, I had to get ready. Running to the cupboard in the hall to get a blanket to sit on, as I made my way next towards my own room. Flicking the light on as I headed towards my drawer, three articles of jewellery striking in my head as I remembered the tradition of sitting outside in the garden. I had to wear my jewellery.

Opening one of the drawers to my dresser, a tiny, secret compartment hidden underneath the drawer, as I slid the tiny chip of wood over to reveal a slot. A slot big enough for three things; a ring, a necklace, and a bracelet. Picking the tiny, silver delicate ring up first, the one with the butterfly shaping the whole thing. Sliding it on my pinky finger this time, for I had grown six years older, and it no longer fit on my other fingers. Next, grabbing the black corded necklace with the dark crystal attached as the pendent, pulling it over my head gently, pulling my hair to the font of me as it hung over my grey sweater. And last, but certainly not least, gathering the colourful beaded bracelet in my hands before I slipped it on my left wrist, the matching one the ring was bore on. And now, I was ready.

Grabbing the blanket as I headed to the kitchen once more, picking up my glass plate with the sandwich on it, and heading out towards the warm weather of Florida in the backyard. The hot summer breeze drifting upon my skin, letting my light hair glister in the sun. It felt nice out, as my bracelet and necklace dangled as I stepped. The soft noise music to my ears. Stepping into the grass, and approaching the garden with a smile on my face, as I placed the blanket down in front of three columns on flowers; the roses on the left, for I had started planting them six years ago. The peony's in the middle, for I started planting those three years ago. And last, the dahlia's, only just begun planting those beauty of flowers. It was a treasure this garden.