My Friend

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading another one of my stories! It really does mean a lot to me! Also, this is one of my first stories so it needs a lot of editing, I'm aware of that. But I am so busy at the moment that I can't find the time to edit, but I will get around to it eventually.

I don't really have anything insight for the story like I usually do, so I hope you enjoy the book and please feel free to vote and comment as well! Thank you!

******

Summer 1993

"My dolls' name is going to be Carrie, and she is the most popular girl in school," a little girl with dark brown hair told me when I picked up my Barbie doll too, and began to brush her long blonde hair with the pink brush that was in the box to the right. I smoothed down her hair and I tried thinking of a name to give my doll, thinking of the life to give her too.

"Ok. My dolls' name is Leah, and she is best friends with Carrie. She is a cheerleader too," I told the little girl with the short brown hair, and she smiled back at me when I shared my plan. The girl I was playing with was Carly Hall, my best friend. I had known her since we were in grade two, and that was our first year in the same class together. It seemed we became friends almost automatically, and we hadn't separated since. We were going into grade four in the next few days and we surely did hope that we would be placed once again in the same class. In our school—which was named St. Terri's Elementary school—for each grade we had two classes. Two kindergarten classes, two grade one classes, two grade two classes, and so on. Even though it wouldn't have been a huge deal if we weren't paired in the same class, we still rather of been together. Fair enough, there was three periods of recess in the school days, so we would just work out to hang out and play around that time if we weren't in the same class. And there was always after school we could play as well.

"Hey Leah, I heard there are cheerleading tryouts after school, do you want to try out with me?" Carly spoke in a higher pitched voice, one that wasn't her own as she pretended to be her doll. And I nodded, as if I was my doll myself.

"Sure! I am the captain, so I'm going to be running the tryouts! So don't worry, I'll make sure you get a spot on the team! Maybe even assistant captain!" I spoke in a high pitched voice as well, as we then made our dolls jump up and down in excitement as they hopped along to their next imaginary class. Carly and I mostly played with our Barbie dolls when we played and hung out, as I would bring a couple of my favourite ones from home, and she would use hers. We usually hung out at her house, for she had an actual play room, which was stacked with boxes of Barbie dolls and clothes for them, accessories and even a new Barbie house. I had to admit, I was a tad bit jealous because of that, but that was more reason why I went over to her place, so I could play with all the cool toys.

Carly lived right across the street from my house, and on most days we would run back and forth between both houses, grabbing toys and bringing that back to each other's places. Always pretending we were some type of stars, and had the paparazzi following us, like super stars always had. That was another game we liked to play: superstars. We would pretend for hours that we were world famous and had so many fans. Pretending we had our own albums and concerts, and would hang out in her backyard and walk amongst the stepping stones that lined her garden and yard, as if we were on a stage. Using our flashlights as microphones, and singing our little hearts out to Gwen Stefani all day. Those were the times, when we would love playing games like that, and hanging out with each other. I loved those times the most.

"Leah! Isn't that your boyfriend over there!" Carly spoke up in a higher voice than earlier, as we continued to play with our dolls. And I made my doll turn her head in that direction, as Carly grabbed one of her Ken dolls, and placed him a few inches away from our dolls.