Chapter 12

It's a long one! Xxxx

Alixe's POV:

" I got a call from Chris a few hours ago saying I got the gig, but I need your help" i spoke down the phone to Emilie. " no problem babe, I shall sort it out for you" I smiled and thanked her, as well as telling her I needed some serious musicians to help me out.

Once I was finished speaking to the gorgeous girl, I got yet another call from a number I didn't recognise. " hello?" I said and finally decided to answer. " hello. Is this Alixe Evans?" I nodded but then realised they couldn't see me. " uh... Yes?" " I'm sorry to inform you, but your grandfather, Jim Evans, passed away last night in his care home" I felt the immediate tears. " uh.... Whe-when's the funeral?" I asked trying not to break down. " a weeks time" I got all the details from the woman and then hung up.

My grandfather, or big Jim, as I used to call him, was like my dad, and my grandma was my mom. My mom died giving birth and my dad commuted suicide because of it. Big Jim was my rock, and when I was 16, they both had to go to England to retrace long lost family members, so I was left alone. By time I was 18, big Jim had to go into a home and Grandma Josie stayed not too far away.

I broke down remembering all the memories of him. I was due to visit in a couple of months.

I ran round the living room smashing things like photo frames, vases and ornaments, and then ran up the stairs. I got to the bathroom and grabbed a razor. I stamped on it causing the plastic to fall off the blade.

I stripped down to my underwear and cut and cut at my arms, thighs, hips and stomach before putting the blade down. I sat on the floor sobbing looking around aimlessly wanting to die.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door. " GO AWAYY!!!!!!" I screamed as loud as I could. I got up and slowly walked down my stairs. " Alixe open the door" a voice said. " I said go AWAY" I shouted, throwing a vase I didn't smash at the wood. I screamed more and let the tears fall down my face.

Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me. Someone put their hand over my mouth and pulled my body back into theirs. I struggled around but their grip got tighter. " calm down" he spoke. I stopped screaming and was just breathing heavily. " if I take away my hand, you have to promise not to scream okay?" I nodded and prepared myself. His hand moved away slowly and he put it round my waist with the other. " R-Ricky?" I asked hesitantly. He chuckled softly and rested his head on my shoulder. I smelt his vanilla shampoo and panicked. " I-I told you to leave me alone!!" I said, my breath quickening again. " calm" he said softly. I struggled against his arms again and started to scream. His hand found my mouth again and I felt him sigh. " baby, please don't do this" he said with desperation in his voice. I failed to listen, causing Ricky to pull me down onto the couch and hold me tighter. " baby stop!" He said with an even more desperate tone. I listened this time and stopped screaming and struggling. " can I take my hand away?" He ashes kissing my cheek. We were laying down on our backs and my head was level with his. I nodded and he took his hand away yet again and put it back round my waist, not before stroking my cheek softly. " why are you here" I said trying to keep calm. " I felt you panicking and then getting upset. I could smell your blood and feel your pain" I sighed and turned onto my front and put my head in Ricky neck and burst into tears. I felt him put his hands on my back and rub soothing circles. " he was my rock" I sobbed. Ricky kissed my hair and sighed. " I'm here for you baby" I nodded and dried my tears. " I'm okay" I said quietly to him. He nodded and smiled at me. I kissed his cheek " thank you" he nodded and pulled my head down to his chest. I put my arms around him and he did the same to me.

We laid there just laying in our embrace for what felt like minutes, but in reality was hours. " what happened?" He finally asked. " read my mind or something. I don't want to talk about it" he nodded and after a while, he squeezed me tight to him. " I'm sorry pumpkin" he said and kissed my hair. " it's fine. I'm fine" he sighed. " I'm staying here tonight and I don't care what you have to say about it" I chuckled slightly and nodded. " why" he traced my cuts on my side and sighed. " do you feel faint or week?" I nodded and relaxed, only to feel Ricky move underneath me and pick me up bridal style and carried me up the stairs. " we need to get you cleaned up okay?" He asked. I nodded and let him take me to the bathroom. There was still blood everywhere. " shit..." He said and looked at me. His eyes were red. " clean it up baby" I said and let him put me down. He looked like he was in a trance as he shut the door behind him. I wondered what he was doing, but just a few minutes later, he came out with blood dripping from his fangs and his eyes were red. " it's not enough" he said sounding in pain. " here," I said giving him my arm. He nodded with a regretful look and bit into my wrist.