One with the Monsters

I was pulled out of my memory when I felt cold hands shake me. My eyes flew open and I heard gasps. I have never felt so cold in my laugh.

My hand went to my face as I felt hot liquid flowing from my eyes, making my vision unfocused. The cold hands were everywhere. The Volturi! They found me! "NO!" The hands were instantly gone.

I crouch down in despair and heaved up acid.

The Volturi....

Red eyes....

Covered in my parent's blood....

The demented smirk on his lips...

"Ariella calm down This Instant." I look up and see the man who was in my memory. My father. "Dad." I say breathlessly.

He smiles and I can instantly see my resemblance to him. "Hello, sweet girl. I know you have a lot of questions, but I am going to need you to stop. You are hurting your loved ones. To answer your unsaid questions, go back to where it all began. My journals..." He was beginning to fade away.

I began to panic. "Dad! No please, don't go! I need you!" I reach my arm out with tears still spilling from my eyes. I know I sound pathetic and sound like I am disrespecting Charlie, but this is my actual father. The person that I came from who knows what's happening to me. My own blood.

He puts a hand to my forehead and I close my wet eyes, embracing his touch. "My sweet baby, you don't need me. You are strong. You can make it on your own, I'm sure of it. After all, you have your mother's strength. I love you."

I opened my eyes and he was gone.

I gasped awake and took in my surroundings in a panic I on the couch in a vacant room. Everything suddenly hit me all at once. My father... Tears sprung to my eyes and I let out a silent sob.

"Ellie?" I look up to see Rosalie holding some water. She quickly rushed to me and pulled me into her cold embrace. "Are you okay? You made us all worried."

I pulled away. "I'm fine. I had a memory of when I was a baby, I saw my real parents. They looked just like me." A genuine smile grazed my face along with more tears. I absolutely hate how I am crying so much. I usually don't cry this often.

I wipe my eyes and sober up. No more crying. "Awe Ellie." She smiled softly but frowned as more tears came to my eyes.

"I saw how they died. The Volturi killed them. I don't know why I had that memory when I was only a baby, but I know it was important. I'm going to make them pay." I glare at the wall in front of us.

Rosie sighed before taking my hands in hers. "Ellie, that's dangerous. You could get hurt." I smile, even though it looked more like a grimace.

"Careful Rosie, it's starting to sound like you care." She shoves me off the bed and I landed painfully on the floor.

"Oh ha ha." She said sarcastically and I genuinely laughed. "Come on jerk, you need training. You nearly made us look like shattered porcelain." I laughed slightly in guilt before getting off the floor.

"Yeah, sorry. I, um, thought you all were the Volturi. I was still in shock." I rub my neck and avoid eye contact. We walk out of of the room and into what Rosalie calls a 'study.'

Everyone's eyes were immediately on me. Alice let out a not needed breath, "Oh good. Your eyes are back to normal." I turn my head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I don't remember anything happening to my eyes. "Your eyes. They were silver when you opened them." I touch the spot under my eyes, a troubled expression coating my face.