Preparing for the Worst

I pulled Bella out of the room with Charlie. "I, um, just have to sign some paperwork. You better call your mom." I saw and put my forefinger and thumb on the bridge of my nose in stress.

"You told her?!" Bella exclaims, "She's, jus- she's probably, freaking out." She stuttered anxiously. Charlie looks at both of us apologetically before looking away.

I pull out my phone, about to call mom, when she noticed Rosalie and Vampy-Romeo. "Bella. Let's go." I demand sternly, but she gave me a look of annoyance and went towards the arguing siblings.

I clench my fist in frustration. YOU KNOW WHAT, MAYBE I'LL LET HIM BITE YOUR UNGRATEFUL ASS!

I catch up with her. I can't let her find out anything. Now that we were walking over towards them, I noticed Carlisle. Poor guy. Having to deal with my sister's annoying ass.

"This isn't just about you. It's about all of us." Carlisle sees us and I shake my head slightly and he got the message.

"Let's take this in my office. Ella?" I nod as Rose glares at Edward. Don't do anything stupid. He nods and I give Bella a warning look before walking with Rosie and Carlisle.

Once we were in the sanctity of Carlisle's office, I immediately apologize. "Listen, I'm sorry about her. She just is very....interested in Edward apparently and when she is interested, she wants to know everything. I'm just really sorry."

Carlisle smiles at me. "It's okay Ella. We've dealt with worse forces." Right. Forgot, they are vampires.

"Yeah Ellie. It's not your fault that your sister is moronic and should mind her own business." I chuckle at Rose. I get why she doesn't like Bella. She doesn't want to put her family in danger.

"Really appreciate that Rosie." I chuckled and she smiled at me.

~

Jacob and I came up with an agreement. We both sleep in his bed far away from each other and in return, no one gets walked in on; though it's like we're two attracting magnets. We always end up cuddling when we wake up. I don't really mind to be honest. 

Anyway, a few days after what happened, Bella and I stood waiting to get on the bus to go on a field trip with the rest of the class. Apparently we were going to a greenhouse. I was a little nervous because after school I get to meet the pack. I'm not sure how to feel about that. While contemplating how later was going to go, I spot Rose, but before I could make way over to her, Michael had to fucking block my way.

"Look at you! You're alive!" He copies from Frankenstein annoyingly. I deadpan. Dude don't bring up the incident like it was nothing. Idiot...

"...Yeah, false alarm I guess." I nearly chuckle. Bella is so oblivious sometimes.

"Actually, I'm glad you're not dead 'cause-well that would suck, plus I wanted to ask you, even though it's like a month away..." Oh, boy. I glance at Bella and she's not even paying attention. She has her eyes set on a certain bloodsucker.

I snicker quietly but cover it up with a cough. "So what do you think?" Bella snaps out of it and I quickly save her. "Prom. Dancing. She can't go. We're going to Jacksonville for the weekend. Sorry."

Bella looks at me gratefully and I smile at her. "You guys can't go another weekend? What about you Ella?" I choke on my saliva. Really?! Right after you ask my sister out in front of me?! Talk about class...

"Nonrefundable ticket." Bella answers and I slowly compose myself. "Sorry Mike, I'm going too and....I have a boyfriend!" I mentally slap myself. I already saved myself, why did I have to make it worse?!

"O-oh." He said in defeat. "Yeah, but you should ask Jessica. She's totally into you." Mike smiled at Bella and walked off.

Bella suddenly gained a terrifying aura. "..So, who the hell is your boyfriend?!"

I break into a sweat and sprinted over to Rosalie. "THIS ISN'T OVER ARIELLA!" I panted as I reached Rosalie.

She just laughed at me. "That was hilarious," She then gained the same aura as Bella. Oh no. "Now back to the question, BOYFRIEND?!"

I look over towards the other siblings and they all shrugged and gave me looks of sympathy. I'm a goner.

~

The entire trip, I was stuck to-as weird as it is-Jasper and Alice, hiding from Rose and Bella. They were actually pretty nice people. Especially Jasper, I now see him as a brother.

By the end of the trip, I was already making friendship bracelets. :)

I finally got to Jacob's house and was hounded by him. "Ella! Dad tells me you're going over to the Uley's why the hell are you going over there?!" I wince at his tone.

"Jake. Chill. Billy just wants to introduce me to some people at the reservation since I'm living here." I rub the bridge of my nose and he calms down. "Sorry. I just-don't join them. Whatever you do, don't join them like Paul and Jared did."

I smile at him and hug him. "Jake, I'm just being neighborly. I'm not going to join a gang. I'd get my ass kicked." We both laughed and he eased into the hug.

It lasted quite a bit before we pulled away at a cough. We faced Billy and he was giving us a weird smirk. "Seems you two have been getting along nicely." Heat traveled up my my neck.

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT AND YOU KNOW IT!!!" I yell at him and calm myself down. Stupid Billy...

"Anyway, time to go Ella." I look at Jacob and give him a smile. He smiles back and I follow Billy to the truck.

"Billy." I say, making him turn towards me as he opens the driver's door.

"What if the pack doesn't like me? Are they really how Jacob describes them?" Billy rolls his eyes before wheeling towards me.

"No Ella, they're not. I mean they have some...temperamental issues, but if you had to turn into a huge dog wouldn't you be a little grouchy???"

I chuckle and nod. "Oh by the way, I'm driving." I hop into the driver's seat before he could blink.

He looks at me in horror. "...EH?!"