Chapter 1

After several cancellations and delayed plans, Reed and Sue were finally going to get married. Now they were in an airport, as they got ready to fly back to New York, and some fans were taking pictures as they surrounded Ben or got autographs while for once, Johnny was sitting down out of the spotlight.

            "So how does it feel to not be surrounded by fans?" Nyx nudged him.

            "Peaceful." Johnny replied as he wrapped his arm around her.

            Reed and Sue walked over to them while laughing at something Reed said. "That was the most romantic thing you've ever told me."

            "Which is really pathetic." Johnny replied before receiving a smack to the back of his head. "What?"

            Nyx arched her eyebrow. "What did I tell you about making fun of Reed's nerdy comments?"

            "That he can't help thinking only about scientific stuff."

            Reed glared at both of them but couldn't respond because at that moment an attendant came over with some tickets. "I'm really sorry but we're overbooked. We do have some seats in coach."

            They looked over to where Ben was still taking pictures and Reed turned back to the attendant. "That should be fine."

            They got up and walked over to the flight attendant, after handing them their tickets Reed led them onto the plane. Nyx stayed by the door, it wasn't that she didn't want to fly coach but she had wings and could fly again so she was planning on flying herself. Of course though Johnny was only flying outside because he didn't want to ride in coach, even from where she was Nyx could hear him asking about why they didn't have a privet jet. A few moments later Johnny came over to her and they walked out of the plane and onto the runway.

            "Let's fly." Nyx said before taking off.

            "Flame on!" Johnny shouted as he caught fire and flew up after her.

            The plane took off on the runway three minutes later and they followed it through the air, Johnny found the seat Ben was in and flew beside it while Nyx just rolled her eyes and stayed a half-mile below the plane so she didn't attract attention. After several long hours of flying they made it to the other airport in New York and Nyx landed outside the airport doors with Johnny beside her, around them people recognized them and started taking pictures. Nyx stayed in the shadows while Johnny finally got to be himself and take pictures with his fans. The others finally came out and Nyx dragged Johnny into the car as they drove to the Baxter Building to finish preparing for the wedding that was now scheduled to take place at the end of the week.

            "I don't understand. Why don't you like all the fans?" Johnny asked. "I mean even Ben's warmed up to them."

            "Because I don't want to be swarmed whenever I go out in public." Nyx replied. Though she would never tell them it was because she had unknowingly helped Victor get power, she didn't deserve to be called a hero.