Chapter 2

Nyx was with Johnny planning Sue's bachelorette party, which Sue was excited to learn about where they were going, while Johnny was going to surprise Reed with a bachelor party.

            "Are you sure Reed's going to appreciate a bachelor party?" Nyx asked for the hundredth time. "He's been busy with his lab work again remember?"

            "Yeah, I remember. That's exactly why he needs a bachelor party." Johnny replied.

            "Well don't blame me if he bites your head off."

            "Please, your brother's harmless." He leaned over and kissed her. "Besides I have you to protect me."

            "I wouldn't stop Reed from hurting you if you deserved it." Nyx replied.

            Johnny gave her a shocked and hurt look. "But why? I thought you loved me."

            "That doesn't mean I can't let my brother defend himself."

            Johnny scowled halfheartedly and left the room, Nyx shook her head and smiled, he could be so immature sometimes. She finished up her plan and found directions to The Club, yes that was its real name, before going to find Sue and Ben's girlfriend Alicia.

            "Get ready you two!" Nyx laughed as she silently snuck up between them.

            Sue jumped and spun around. "Don't do that!"

            "I found directions to the newest club in New York."

            "The Club?" Alicia asked in surprise.

            "Yeah." Nyx said proudly. "So like I said go get ready so we can go already!"

            Sue rushed off to her room while Alicia went to hers, for Nyx watching Alicia move around like she could see was strange but when she first came to the Baxter Building Ben had to help her around, now that she thought about it Nyx guessed it wasn't strange. Alicia had just gotten used to her surroundings, despite that though she did still find it creepy how Ben's girlfriend knew whom it was coming into the room. After going to her own room and picking out a new outfit she met back up with the others in the garage and got into Johnny's car.

            "Why are we taking my brother's car?" Sue asked.

            "Have you seen Reed's?" Nyx raised her eyebrow.

            "Johnny will kill you if this gets scratched."

            "Then he won't find out."

            Alicia laughed and Nyx floored the gas, the tires squealed on the ground before zooming out into the street. They got to The Club and stepped out, the bouncer recognized them and let them pass while other people trying to get in started to complain. Once inside Nyx was deafened by music and blinded by the flashing lights, she described what it looked like to Alicia and helped her get through the crowd of people.

            "This is going to be so fun!" Nyx yelled over the music.

            Sue gave her a big smile. "Let's stop talking and dance!"

            "Says the lady who's supposed to turn invisible so no one can see her." Alicia grinned.

            An employee gave them drinks but Nyx just gave hers away, she was the designated driver for the night and didn't think her brother would let her live if she let Sue get hurt coming home. Sue on the other hand was now finishing her third glass and only the top half of her was visible so it looked like she was floating, Alicia was on her first and luckily not drunk so that meant one less person Nyx had to take care of.

            "Sue, uh... you're only half visible." Nyx informed her.

            "What?" Sue looked down. "Oh..."

            Sue started laughing and dancing to the music, Nyx grabbed Alicia so she could go after Sue but when she turned back around she was gone. "Great... just great."

            "What?" Alicia asked.

            "Sue's missing. Or invisible."

            Turns out it was the first one, Sue came over the DJ's microphone and started singing along to the song. Nyx pulled Alicia behind her as they made their way through the crowd until they reached the DJ booth where two security guards were dragging Sue away.

            "Excuse me but um she's with us." Nyx told them.

            One of the guards glared at her. "I think your friend's had a bit too much to drink."

            "We were just looking for her so we could go home." Alicia smiled politely in their direction.

            "We'll escort you out." The second guard replied before taking them to the exit. "Enjoy your night."

            "Come on." Nyx said as she led Sue and Alicia to the car. "I'll just drive around until she sobers up... can't let Reed or Johnny see her like this."

            "I'll keep an eye on her." Alicia laughed at the irony. "Or I guess an ear so we know when she's in control of her mind again."

            Sue looked around in confusion before hearing the car radio and starting to sing to it. Nyx sighed. "This is going to take awhile... so what do you want to eat?"

            "Just get McDonalds." Alicia replied. "It's faster than any of the other places."

            Nyx drove off to find the nearest McDonalds while Sue continued to sing. If the others found out they would be in so much trouble...