>14<

When I walked down the stairs, I was surprised at how many people there were. I wasn't really expecting the whole living room and dining room to be filled. And to think that all these people in front of me are werewolves and are in hiding from society. I wonder what would happen if people do find out that there is such a thing as werewolves. Would there be peace or chaos?

"Here comes the Luna everyone!" Tylor came along and put his hand around my shoulders. I could smell vodka off him so I assumed he was drunk. When he said those simple words, everyone's eyes landed on me. People came up towards me, shaking my hand and introducing themselves. I got lost trying to remember everyone's names. There were kids too, little boys and girls hugging my legs and asking if they wanted to play. I smiled sweetly at them as their little hands grabbed mine and tried to pull me away.

"How old are you Luna? You seem awfully young, pardon my intrusion," Someone asked. I was about to answer until Tylor jumped to my rescue.

"Settle down everyone! You are stressing the Luna out, you will all get your turn eventually..." I looked at him when he said 'get your turn', was I supposed to meet and get to know everyone? I'm not that good with names, and what's up with everyone calling me Luna and not by my name? Was it a rule to be called Luna because I'm so down for a name change!

The crowd of people started disappearing, giving me space and the air which I didn't know I needed. I thanked Tylor who smiled.

"Hi I'm Layla, Tylor's sister! I'm sorry to bug you but I have a little favor to ask of you Luna, would you please have a talk with our little sister? She's been depressed lately and won't open up to me. She's sitting over there by the table, blond hair with an orange sweater, would you kindly please?" A woman in her late twenties asked as I nodded, she took Tylor away towards the kitchen while I made my way towards the girl. If the girl won't open up to her own sister and brother then what makes her think that she will open up to a complete stranger? I wondered why Layla wanted me to speak to her, but I didn't mind. I didn't want to look like a loner standing all by myself.

When I made my way towards the table, some people said their hellos and wanted to speak with me but I promised them later. I saw a girl who was looking around the food table. She matched perfectly to Layla's description. I gathered up the courage to talk to her.

As I approached her, I could make out the color of her eyes which were hazel. She had blonde bangs and freckles covered her cheeks.

"Hey, I love the color of your eyes!" I complimented her. She looked a bit startled at my sudden appearance out of nowhere.

"Sorry if I scared you, I'm Bella," I said looking at her plate and noticing all kinds of delicacies.

"I'm Aria, are you the new Luna?" She asked and I nodded my head as I took a seat next to her.

"What can I do for you, Luna?" She asked. She seemed taken aback that I was sitting with her out of everyone in the room.

"You looked rather sad, care to tell me what has been bothering you?" I took psychology for a year before I dropped it because my father wanted me to become a businesswoman. I did learn a lot.

"W-Well...I-I..." She looked down at her food, I could see a light shade off pink on her cheeks.

"It's alright, take your time, whenever you are ready, I'm here for you!" I said brightly. She looked up at me with teary eyes. She grabbed my hands suddenly, taking me back.

"I turned eighteen about a week ago and usually when you turn eighteen you find your mate but I haven't found my one yet! It could be because maybe he isn't eighteen yet but that's rare, I'm afraid something happened to him! I don't want to be mateless and be the lowest of the low!" She said ranting out her problem to me.

"It's okay, I guarantee you that you have a mate somewhere out there waiting for you, it could be that he is far away, did you think about that? It's destiny for you to find your mate so you must be patient and have faith in him and yourself," I replied. I didn't know how big of a deal mates up until now. This girl in front of me was upset because she hasn't yet met a complete stranger who is supposed to be the love of her life. She's concerned about the well being of someone she hasn't met yet.

It made me realize that what if Declan is supposed to be the love of my life even if I was human. What if we could make it work? What if I can find in me to love him?

* * *

HEHEHEHE 1000 words for yall!!! I spent half my Saturday laying in bed reading a book called After here on wattpad because the movie trailer looks good ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Q: Have you read After yet?
A:

There is so much drama but I only read the first book. Have a wonderful weekend!

xx writer