"Let's hope you never have to bring a needle near me again. I'm sick of stitchin' needles," he told me and we all chuckled.

"Glad to have you back, Private," Turner suddenly said and we turned around to see him and Pierson walking up.

"Good to be here, sir."

"All right, fellas. We got a unique opportunity here. This is our chance to break out of Normandy."

We all reached for our rifles, showing Turner that we're ready for our next mission.

"It won't be easy. The hedgerows are heavily defended and we got reports of Kraut armor in the area. But if we can hold and secure Marigny, we own the roadways. And if Zussman can take a knife in the gut and come out swinging, I like our odds just fine," Turner said with a nod towards Zussman.

"Always bet on a winner, sir," Zussman said confidently. He had a slight smirk on his face before he looked up to see a few of our planes flying by. I admired him as he watched the planes. He looked happy that he was able to join us again and even though we were soon going off to fight again, I loved seeing him happy.

"Let's move!" Turner ordered before walking off. I began grabbing the rest of my belongings as the boys walked off. Zussman didn't bother to go off with them though.

"L/N."

"Yes?"

"Would you mind showin' me where I could fill up my canteen?" Zussman asked.

"Of course. Follow me," I told him and led him to the canteen filling station. I felt a bit nervous since I was curious to know if he had read my letter. I tried not to worry about it, but it was hard not to.

"I actually knew where it was all along, but I just needed to talk to you," he told me with a smirk on his face when we arrived at the canteen filling station. I realized how secluded it was when he told me that.

He reached into one of his coat pockets and pulled out the letter I had written to him. My heart was beating fast when I laid my eyes on it.

"You oughta know that this made layin' in bed with an achin' wound a whole of a hell lot better. I read it too many times to count," he said with a smile as he put the letter away. He then reached for both of my hands and held them gently.

"Y/N, I have a lot of feelings for you. I've had them for a while now, but I was too scared to tell ya because of all the combat we were gettin' ready for. It feels pretty damn amazing to be back with my squad and to be able to be near you again. Back in England, I couldn't stop feeling eager to see you so I could tell you how I feel."

"Robert, I'm so glad to hear that. I was so scared I wasn't going to see you again. God, I missed you so much," I told him and I wrapped my arms around him. He held me close and we stayed silent for a moment.

"Y/N, I want to be with you. I don't care if we have to keep it a secret just in case we can get in trouble with Turner or somethin'. I'm willin' to take that risk if you are too."

"I am, Robert. I truly am," I told him and we pulled apart from our hug. We looked into each other's eyes until suddenly, he gently grabbed my face and our lips were soon touching.

I wrapped my arms around his waist as our lips found a rhythm to follow. There was nothing lustful as we kissed. It was slow and gentle, and I could tell that he had wanted to kiss me just as much as I had wanted to kiss him for so long. We kissed for a good minute or so before pulling apart. Our faces stayed close together as he leaned his forehead against mine with his eyes closed.

"Felt good to finally be able to do that. You know what you're doin' with them lips of yours," he chuckled out.

"You're not so bad yourself," I teased.