Chapter 1: Myths

Everyone has learned of the legend of a beast so great, it would strike fear into their hearts.

It had become a common myth inside his village, a snowy little village in a wyld wood.

The snow lion was nothing to mess around with.  

Its mane was supposed to be made of silk. It had properties that altered someone's appearance if woven into the thread. The ancestors did so when they tamed the mighty snow lions for mounts in combat. It held a deep-rooted magic.

Its pelt would always keep someone warm and cozy. Never would the wearer touch the grasps of hypothermia once the garment was on. That's how the first ones survived in the fierce winters.

Its teeth, they were as strong as the moon. Their jaws would snap a tree in half and did so much more when was head was crushed. 

More importantly, it was the symbol of royalty. The snow lion had been hunted for long for its magical properties that Raja never got to see one in person. They were thought to be extinct.

"Raja, baby!" 

Raja shook his head, dropping the stick he was using as a pen in the snow. It was his mother.

Lunis had become more or less a wyld land after Emperor Idos had come. The teacher that taught the small children said that Valider had his crown ripped from him. Idos succeeded the throne, and after that, war ensured. 

Valider, prior to the dethroning, had declared war on the land of the sun. He planned to take both kingdoms in order to rule the massive land mass of Alteria. In his time of royalty, he had gone literally insane. He consumed one too many vials of blood collected from unsuspecting brothers of the pantheon. It mixed, but the brew did not set.

He was immortal, and later took the name "Raidon", who is now known as the king of despair, the main of insanity. He killed thousands of people on both sides. 

In light of it all, in that time of despair, the reason that all brothers had fallen had been discovered.

Luna herself had fallen with them in the facade of a little girl. Her name was Sam, and she had trusted her first born to take care of her as she was pushed into the very same process that her children had gone through for many years. She met a small elf boy, by the name of Donovan with bright violet eyes.

They grew up and fell in love. He had become the first ever dragon rider of a moonstone dragon, the ultimate mortal. He had become a demigod when they married. They even had a child, a daughter. Her name was Hala. She had started the spark of mortal dragon riders as well as the start of dragons in the wild to be tamed. 

She, in turn, fell in love with a man also. It was her supposed dragon that she was bound to.

But luck was not in her favor. She was used and abused by none other than Orion, the little brother sun, who only wanted freedom from his place as Hell's keeper. He had offered a human a deal, and she took it. In the end, they, too, had their own children, but that egg was lost with time.

It has been a thousand years since then, and the gods had gone quiet. The brother gods had stopped falling to the earth. It was in disarray. Only the strongest survived.

The twelve-year-old boy huffed and started back to his home. It was just the two of him, Raja and his mother. 

He would chop wood for her and prepare the house when she went to work as a hunter. He was alone a lot, and with that, Raja made do with his time. He would read the books the trader would deliver, and he would stay after school to play with his friends. 

"What were you doing?" His mother asked him as she stirred the stew, "Only Luna knows what could have happened if something spotted you in those woods."