|*| Eleven |*|

|*| flute is hard tbh |*|

Aquila got two letters that morning. They were both from Xander Clark.

The first letter was unmistakably Cedric's. She knew his handwriting anywhere. However, she couldn't place who the second one was from.

She read through Cedric's first. Apparently he thought her being starsexual was funny. She laughed too, and ended up snorting orange juice out her nose.

She then read the second one.

Aquila Whitman,

I'm so glad you decided to reach out to me. At first, I didn't know you were trying, but last night I knew.

I know it's hard when your only friend is a Hufflepuff. Don't worry, Aquila, I'll be your new friend. So will my friends.

I knew you'd change your mind about him and realize that he's just a nothing.

I don't know where the Xander nickname came from, but I'm totally cool with it.

I'll hear from you again tonight, I assume.

-Xander Clark.

P. S.: I miss you too, in a way.

Aquila balled the second letter up and threw it in the trash bin.

She had no idea who the second Xander was, but she had a feeling that person didn't like Cedric. Her first thought was of Alexis, but there was no way Alexis would miss her.

It wasn't Abby either, because Aquila knew her handwriting. There was no way it was Carlos; he was incapable of missing her. She went through all of the Slytherins she knew, but none of them seemed to fit.

Just what I need, Aquila thought. Another mystery.

|*|*|*|

That night, Cedric and Carlos waited by their windows for the messages.

Xander. It's me.

The boys both smiled as the stars formed into words. For once Carlos appreciated Aquila's crazy gift.

When can I see you?

You didn't tell me in your letter.

How about Diagon Alley this Saturday?

Oh my Merlin! A wolf just howled. I freaked out!

It's not a full moon tonight though. Just a regular wolf.

But it's still creepy.

I wish you were here. I miss your smile.

I miss your pessimism. And I miss calling you eyebrow sweat.

So, eyebrow sweat.

Please meet me at Diagon Alley this Saturday.

Because as much as I like the stars, I like you more.

(Sorry stars, it's true)

Bye, Xander. Sleep well.

Once the message faded, Carlos and Cedric both wrote letters and planned to meet her at Diagon Alley.

|*|*|*|

Saturday rolled around faster than she thought it would. Nash agreed to take her to the alley, and when she got there, she sat alone outside of Florish and Blotts.

Cedric found her and ran to her. They hugged and Aquila was so happy to see his face. "I think someone else is getting my messages," Aquila said. "And whoever it is will be here soon."

"Really?" Cedric asked.

"Yeah," she said. "I need you to hide in the bookstore. If I'm in trouble, yell for my brother, Nash. Got it?"

"Yeah," he said. "I'll be by the Quidditch books if you need me."

"Of course you will."

|*|*|*|

It wasn't long before Carlos Blake found Aquila. He smiled upon seeing her, and walked over to where she sat. "Aquila," he said causally, sitting down next to her.

"Carlos," Aquila said, not looking at him. She thought it could be a weird coincidence that he was there; after all, she had ruled him out instantly. Still, she heard what he had to say.

"I got your messages," he said. "I knew you'd change your mind."

"About what?" Aquila asked. She was in shock that it was him, but she didn't show it.

"That Hufflepuff. I know you want to be friends with Abby, Lexi and I. We accept your apology-"

"Apology?" she asked. "I'm not apologizing to you."

"But-"

"Blake, you aren't Xander. I don't miss you, and I find your eyebrows repulsive. Stop sending me letters and remember that my hatred for you will last for eternity."

"But, Aquila-"

Aquila slapped him, then causally walked to the Quidditch section of Florish and Blotts.

Cedric looked at her, smiled, then said, "That was awesome!"

Aquila flipped her long green hair, "I know."

|*| haha Carlos got slapped by star girl omfg |*|