|*| Ten |*|

|*| omg 199 reads it's like Christmas thank you all ilysm |*|

For three nights, Aquila returned to the field. She believed he got her messages, but wasn't strong enough to send his own back. It had come naturally to her, but it probably was harder for him. She kept sending his name out into the sky; it shone brighter each night, but after about thirty minutes of trying, she grew tired and had to go back to her house. It drained her energy; after ten minutes it felt like she had ran the length of a quidditch field.

Each night, Cedric would see his name, clear as day. He would try so hard to send the messages back to her, but he was never able to do it. He would think so hard he forgot to breathe, and his face turned red. Sometimes he would try so hard he would shake.

Instead of feeling sorry, he was driven by his promise to Aquila. After a few minutes of trying to use the stars, he thought of a plan. He tried each night to remember the name Aquila came up with on the train. He stared at his name in the sky and tried remember it.

Suddenly on the third night, the stars moved and startled both Cedric and Aquila.

Xander Clark.

Cedric was overjoyed. He rushed to his desk and lit a candle. Quickly he scribbled out a letter to her.

Aquila was also overjoyed. She thought Cedric was finally able to communicate with her. She had the stars form a smiling face in hopes he would be able to send another message.

However, he never saw the face she sent because he was tiptoeing through the hallway to where his father kept the family owl. He sent the letter to Aquila and went back to his room with a huge smile on his face.

Aquila waited for another sign, and when one didn't come, she sat down in the grass and fell asleep staring at her smiling face. She thought it looked like Cedric.

|*|*|*|

"Aquila, you got mail."

The green haired girl slowly trudged into the kitchen where Vega was cooking. Nash was reading The Daily Prophet, and Regor was sorting through the mail.

"It's from your friend," Regor said, handing her the letter.

She eagerly opened the letter and read it quickly:

Aquila,

It's Xander Clark. I got your message last night. I got them every night, but those bloody stars hate me. I'm sorry, Quil. I tried so hard.

Talk to me again tonight. I love reading your messages. Tell me anything, and I'll send you a letter answering any of your questions.

I told my dad about you, and he really likes you. You can send letters if you want, but I like seeing the messages in the sky a lot more than reading from paper.

I hope to hear from you again tonight.

-Xander Clark

Aquila smiled. She was so happy they had found a way to talk to each other.

She couldn't wait for that night. She had so much she wanted to say to him. She wanted to tell him all about her summer and the vacation she would be going on.

The day seemed to go faster than usual, and before she knew it, she was walking to the field again. At exactly eleven, she sent the first message.

|*|*|*|

Hey, eyebrow sweat.

Cedric laughed as the stars transformed into another string of words.

I miss you.

I want to see your face.

He could hear her cheerful voice as he laughed quietly.

Tell me when I can see you.

He made a mental note to answer her question in his letter that night.

My mom hates my hair.

Said it was loud and obnoxious.

But I don't care. I love it.

Cedric smiled. He knew her parents wouldn't like it, but all that mattered was how she felt. If she liked it, he liked it too.

I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Are you even there? Xander Clark?

Oh, Xander! Do you read me?

Ow! Bloody mosquitos...

Don't worry, I killed it.

Cedric was holding back laughter as he watched the sky.

I really wanna see you.

I feel so alone.

Help me. You're my only hope.

Even though you're eyebrow sweat, I really like you.

Just as a friend; don't get too excited.

Cedric snorted.

I'm in love with the stars, not you.

That's why I'm Star Girl.

I'm starsexual.

Cedric couldn't contain his laughter as he read her messages.

At least that's what Nash calls me.

Well, Seeker Boy, I'm tired.

Send a letter, Xander.

I miss you.

Good night, eyebrow sweat.

Cedric watched the letters slowly fade, and he went to write his letter.

|*|*|*|

Carlos stared out of his bedroom window. He couldn't sleep that night, so to pass the time, he looked out the window. He was about to close his eyes and go to sleep, but something outside caught his eye.

Hey, eyebrow sweat.

I miss you.

He watched as the stars seemed to be moving into words. He knew it was Aquila, but he had no idea who she was talking to. He didn't know a Xander Clark.

Maybe it's a code name, Carlos thought. For who?

Cedric Diggory never even crossed his mind. He assumed she was talking to him. He thought she was talking to him-sending secret codes. Maybe she had given up on that Hufflepuff boy and realized where her loyalties lied.

So he sent a letter to Aquila.

|*| ohmagurd Carlos ur not Xander whoops |*|