|*| Ninety |*|

A soft morning breeze blew the curtains of Cedric's open window, walking up his green haired girlfriend who yawned quietly and rubbed the crust from her eyes. Looking over of her sleeping boyfriend, she smiled at the way he slept; he looked so calm and serene as he slept.

It was after a moment that she finally recalled what had happened last night between them. She suddenly took notice that both she and Cedric were naked, and she wanted nothing more than to put her clothes back on because the wind was cold against her skin. Why did he open the window last night? she wondered. It's the middle of fucking winter, and he opened the window.

She would admit that after the night's activities, the cold air did help her fall asleep, but she did wish that they would've considered how cold it would be come the morning. Careful not to wake her sleeping boyfriend, she moved the covers of the bed off her body and stepped on the floor. Her bare feet made their way across the carpet, and she found the pile her clothes had landed it.

She began putting her clothes back on, rolling her eyes when she found Cedric's bright yellow underwear. She didn't think much of it last night, but she just realized that she had no idea how many days he wore that same pair of underwear. "I don't want to know," she muttered under her breath as she slipped her arms through the holes in her shirt.

Once she was dressed and she had closed the window, she walked back over to his bed and sat down on the edge. She tried to recall the details of their rendezvous in the sheets last night, but it was all a beautiful mess of skin and breath. As first times go, she didn't think hers was anything to be ashamed of or worried about. Everything went almost exactly as she'd imagined it (and she had imaged a slew of different scenarios before).

Cedric had begun to stir, and once he saw her face that morning, he smiled. "Morning, beautiful," he said; his voice was heavy and groggy. He sat up, his hair sticking to the side of his face. As Aquila said her good morning in response, he began trying to tidy up his hair.

"Sleep well?" Aquila asked.

"Yeah," he said. "Really well, actually. You?"

"I always sleep well with you next to me," she said, trying to sound cute like he did, but she somehow managed to sound really dumb.

"Quil, baby, don't take this the wrong way," he said, "but you will never be able to say something cheesy and make it sound cute. Never."

"Yes, and you will never be able to pull off yellow underwear," she told smugly. "Looks like we both lose."

"I disagree," he said. "Yellow is totally my color."

"Leave the yellow to the bees," she told him. "And you might want to get yourself dressed."

As if he hadn't realized he was naked, Cedric instinctively brought the sheets closer to his body. Aquila laughed. "I'll meet you in the kitchen for breakfast. Love you, Ceddy." She blew him an air kiss, and he pretended to catch it and press it close to his heart. She left the room and made sure to close the door behind her, allowing Cedric some privacy.

She walked to the guest room and brushed her hair before heading to the kitchen for breakfast. Mrs. Diggory was already there, cooking eggs and bacon for the family. She let the magic do the work and sat at the small, round table with Witch Weekly in her hands. She briefly looked up when Aquila entered the room, and the look she gave the green haired girl unnerved her.

What if she knew? What if she hated her for it? Aquila allowed her mind to go wild, creating situations that were highly unlikely. Eventually, she settled for this conclusion: She knows; she's not mad; and she made me an extra slice of bacon.

Aquila chose to act like everything was normal, because it was. Even though things with her relationship had escalated, life was still the same. Mrs. Diggory was still the same. Breakfast was still delicious.

She sat down at the table and smiled politely at her boyfriend's mom, who returned the smile. They sat in silence for a while until Cedric entered the room, wearing all yellow. "You can't tell me this isn't my color," he told his girlfriend, sitting down next to her and wrapping her in a quick hug. He kept one arm around her waist.

"You look like a big yellow monster that haunts children's nightmares," she told him.

"And you're a big green monster that haunts children's nightmares," he countered. "How does that make you feel, Quil? Huh? How?"

"Merlin's kneecaps, Ced; I was joking," she tried to explain.

He laughed at her, running a hand through her hair. "I was joking too," he said. "Your hair makes you look great."

She swatted his hand away playfully. "Stop it," she said, blushing slightly. They began making weird faces at each other, and Mrs. Diggory had to clear her throat to get them to stop.

"Breakfast is ready," she told them, creating an awkward silence that Aquila broke with a snakelike noise.

"Yesssssss!"

The room fell silent, and she shrugged her shoulders. "Every Slytherin is part snake," she informed them.

To that, Mrs. Diggory responded with a hiss of her own before handing each of her children a plate of eggs and bacon.

|*| me from the future: what the fuck did I just read??? |*|