“I thought we are going to a restaurant?” I ask, as Andy drives down a rocky road.

   “Yeah, change of plans.” he casually replies and pulls over at the side.

   I look out the window and I couldn’t see anything, but utter darkness.

   “So, what are we doing here exactly?” I look back at Andy and see him texting someone.

   “You’ll see.” he says and puts his phone back into his pocket and climbs out of the car.

   I just sit there for a couple seconds; if only I knew that we would be going here, I shouldn’t have worn the dress that Andy had bought for me earlier which a burgundy off–shoulder skater dress that reaches my mid thigh and an ankle strap heels. I breathe out and open the door, carefully making my way out of the car and onto the grass.

   “Andy, wait!” I utter and hold onto his arm, trying to maintain a steady balance. “You should’ve told me that we would be going at the woods and not at a restaurant.”

   He laughs, “What you’re wearing is perfect, okay?”

   “But –” I stop myself and just go on with the flow.

   I have my arm around his, as we walk deeper into the woods until we reach the other side of it. It’s like a camping site, in the middle of it is a white canopy tent with white cloth wrapping the poles and underneath it is a table with white cloth and two chairs across from each other. At the side of the tent is a tree with numerous fairy lights dangling from the branches, I also see a couple white strings hanging under the tree with, what I assume are, polaroids.

   “W–what’s going on?” I am beyond speechless.

   Andy didn’t say anything and just smiles, as he leads me towards the table and pulls the chair for me.

   “Enjoy.” he smiles and turns to walk away.

   I watch as he disappears into the woods, leaving me at the table by myself. I anxiously look around the place, taking in the beautiful place around me.

I found the love for me
Darling, just dive right in
Follow my lead

   I look at the side and see Rye, wearing a white shirt and pants and tops it with a black bomber jacket. He smiles as our eyes meet, he looks down at his guitar and continues to sing; slowly walking towards me.

We were just kids when we fell in love
not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time

   He puts his guitar down and takes my hand and I get up from the chair, he puts my hand on his shoulder whilst he puts his hands on my waist; swaying from side to side as he sings. By the time the song is over, my arms are already around his neck.

   “You look beautiful tonight, Alexandria.” he whispers.

   My cheeks turn red and I bite my lip as I look down, “I honestly feel like I am quite overdressed for tonight.”

   “Sorry, I was planning on wearing a suit but I didn’t feel that comfortable in it so..” he sheepishly replies.

   “It’s okay, you don’t look so bad yourself anyways.” I look up at him and smile, making him smile too.

   “Look, Alexandria,” he stops dancing. “I want to apologize to you.”

   I furrow my eyebrows as I look up at him.

   “Well, uh, I know I said I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you again, but I still did.. unintentionally.” he lets out a breath. “Alexandria, I didn’t mean to make you jealous or to make you feel as if I am going to be okay without you cause to be honest, I don’t know what I would do without you. It might sound cliche, but that’s just how I feel.”