DIVERSION

Alexandria Anderson

   Lately, I couldn’t stop thinking about what Ginger said when we were at Bournemouth beach. I wonder what the boys talk about at the flat that Blair and Ginger thought that there is something going on between me and one of the boys. I try to put the thought aside but I couldn’t; I don’t even know why it’s bothering me so much when the truth is, there isn’t really anything to be guilty about. I snap out of my thoughts, when I suddenly hear the doorbell ring. So, I walk downstairs and answer the door.

    “Andy, Ryan.” I say in surprise once I saw them.

   “We’re going to the nature park with Jack, we thought that you might want to go out for a bit?” Andy asks whilst smiling.

   “I, uh, no thank you.” I sheepishly reply.

   “You always seem deep in thoughts for the past few days,” Rye says with a worried expression on his face as he glances at Andy. “it’ll be better for you to have a day off without thinking about anything.”

   I smile a little, “You two are so sweet, but I am okay.”

  “No, you’re not.” Andy immediately retorts.

   “Andrew.” I chuckle, trying to persuade him.

   “Just come with us, please.” Rye looks at me hopefully.

  “Okay okay,” I breathe out. “I am coming with you, I’ll just go and get change.”

  I let them in and go upstairs to change. I put on a pair of jeans and just put on a jumper over the shirt that I am wearing, and a pair of white Converse. Afterwards, I go downstairs and the boys and I go and meet with the the lads at the park.

  “Alexa!” Brook chirps, running towards us with his arms out for a hug.

   I just look at him, then at his hair and back at him.

   “Oh my God,” I mutter, making the boys laugh. “what did you do to your hair?” I ask, as I touch it.

   Brooklyn grumbles, “Alexandria.”

   “I am sorry.” I giggle and stop what I was doing.

   “Whatchu think about his curtain?” Mikey asks.

  “It’s, um, it’s..” I bite my lip and look at his hair.

    “Alexandria doesn’t like it.” Rye shrugs, putting his hand on top of Brooklyn’s shoulder.

   “No, silly.” I chuckle, as I lightly hit Rye on the arm. “I was just messing with you, Brooklyn, it looks good on you.”

   Rye puts his arm around Brooklyn’s shoulder and ruffles his hair.

  “Ah, Ryan!” Brooklyn shrieks, getting out of Rye’s grip.

  I chuckle and the boys and I start to walk, leaving Brook there as he fixes his hair.

• • •

   We just had breakfast at the cafe and now, we are just walking around the park. I am at the back of the group, admiring the place as we walk. I didn’t really appreciate it when I went here for the first time, it wasn’t because I got lost but because we were too busy looking for a place for them to shoot their cover. Later on, Rye slows down to wait for me.

   “Alexandria..” he says, pulling me out from my thoughts.

   “I am sorry?” I ask.

  “You look deep in thoughts again.” he puts his hands into his pockets, as he looks at me.

  I smile a little, “Don’t mind me, Ryan, I am okay.”