ANSWERS

Alexandria Anderson

  I wake up to Rye, just a few inches away in front of me. I nearly fall out of the bed, but his arm was around my waist; preventing me from falling. Surprisingly, he didn’t wake up. He just stirs a little and pulls me even closer to him, I look up at him and bite my lip – God, he’s so beautiful.

   “So, did you sleep well?” he asks, his eyes still shut and his voice raspy.

  I immediately sit up on the bed and tuck my hair behind my ear, the heat rising to my cheeks as he looks at me and sits up.

   “You just fell asleep last night, I thought we were going to watch Miss Congeniality.” he says, smiling.

   “I know, I – I am sorry.” I stutter out and look away.

   “Nah, it’s okay.” he assures me.

   He looks straight into my eyes and my cheeks turn into a deeper shade of pink, I turn to the side; ready to get up from the bed until I remember that I am just wearing Rye’s sweater over a plaid button–down shirt that reaches up to my thigh.

   “Ryan, can I, um, borrow some clothes?” I ask sheepishly.

   “You look good in my sweater though.” he muses and my cheeks turn pink again.

   “Shut up, Beaumont,” I mutter whilst trying to stop myself from smiling. “but seriously though, I can’t go out wearing this.”

   Rye smiles and gets up from the bed and rummages through his clothes.

   “Are these okay?” he asks, I look over at him and he puts a pair of sweatpants and a plain tee on the bed.

   “Yeah, thank you.” I smile at him as I get up from the bed, pulling the hem of his sweater downwards.

   “Welcome, I’ll just go out so you can change.” he walks out of the room and gently closes the door behind him.

   I lock the door and quickly change into the clothes that Rye had put out and tie my hair into a messy bun as I walk into the bathroom. I just wash my face and go out of the room and into the kitchen, where Andy and Rye are.

   “Oh, hi, love.” Andy says when he saw me. “How are you feeling?”

   “Better.” I reply, sitting down on the counter stool next to Rye.

   A smile tugs at the corners of his lips, “You better be cause Rye stayed up late just to look after you.”

   “I know,” I look at Rye whilst smiling. “thank you.”

   He didn’t say anything, he just smiles back and nods. Our attention diverts to Jack, who just came into the room – topless.

   “I couldn’t sleep –” Jack says, but stops when he saw me. “Oh, hi Alexa.”

   “Hey, Jack.” I chuckle, waving at him a little.

   Jack walks into the kitchen and asks how I am, as he pours himself a glass of water.

   “So, what’s for breakfast?” Jack asks.

   “I was thinking that we just go out to eat.” Andy says, looking at us for an approval.

   “Oh!” Jack suddenly exclaims, putting the glass down. “I’d like to eat at McDonald’s.”

  “Yeah, I am okay with McDonald’s.” Andy replies.

   Rye and I look at each other and smile, we just had McDonald’s a couple hours ago but I love McDonald’s so I don’t really have a problem with that.