Chapter Two: Uprising

"The Gladiator's a teenager now! I've never been a teenager – not since a thousand years ago, at least! Does she have the mind of a teenager? Blimey! I hope not! That would complicate things!"

If a blue police box sitting at the street corner of an all-American suburb wasn't off-putting enough, the young Englishman babbling to himself as he walked up to it was a certain contender. The Doctor had just found the very reason he exhausted much of the TARDIS's energy, coming to one of the realms in the infinite dimensional corridor. The teenaged blonde he saw with the four boys was definitely Neas. She basically left a trail of nuage energy that was easily detectable with a sonic screwdriver.

He returned to the TARDIS, figuring that his latest companion had grown weary of waiting on him. Normally, when the Doctor picked up someone in his travels (whether it was by happenstance or on purpose), it was either from another place and time or directly from contemporary Earth. More often than naught, it was a lovely young woman that reminded him of his granddaughter, Susan.

Jake Pentecost, however, was a unique case.

            This was a young man he met during another accidental detour through the infinite D

This was a young man he met during another accidental detour through the infinite D.C. (his latest one since the Battle of Themyscira in his previous life). His world once consisted of giant creatures known as Kaiju that had long been extinct since his father and other brave souls closed the rift that brought them in. One of those souls, as the Doctor discovered from Jake, was Neas.

This encounter could not have happened at a better time.

Something brewed inside of the dimensional corridor and manifested within one of the dimensions. The Jaegers from Jake's world could be of use, but they needed Neas's expertise.

Stepping into his TARDIS, the first thing the Doctor saw was Jake eating away at a banana split he made for himself. "Where did you get that?!" His voice rose in pitch in that way it always did whenever he was surprised.

"The fridge," Jake answered with a mouthful of whipped cream he just sprayed in.

"How did you find the fridge – or, for that matter, the kitchen?! You better not have touched the fish fingers and custard I'd been saving in there!"

"Relax, mate. I didn't touch your finger food. You literally put your name on it. Word of advice: if you're gonna label your lunch, might wanna cover it with plastic first."

The Doctor let out an irritable groan, redirecting his focus on the control console.

"Did you find Mister Neas?" Jake asked him.

"I did...or I think that I did."