Chapter Thirteen: The Wrath of Cthulhu

"One...two...three...GO!"

The second after Ben finished counting, he and Billy Batson commenced in their ice cream-eating contest. They held it in the kitchen of Maureen's TARDIS as a means of entertaining Samuel, as well as Gizmo. Of course, Samuel had no clue why the two adolescent boys held such a meaningless competition – he didn't even know what ice cream was until then.

Tennyson and Batson ate an assortment of flavors out of bowls half their sizes, until one of them was hit with massive brain freeze. "Argh!" Tennyson groaned, clutching both sides of his head.

"YEAH!" Batson cheered, standing up from his chair with his arms held high in victory. "The winner and still the Ice Cream Eating Champion, Billy Batson!"

"Aw, man," Ben groaned. "How did I lose?"

"'Cause you don't have the explicit set of skills that I do, dude," Billy told Ben.

"Whatever," Ben pouted. "One round of Sumo Slammers and I could totally kick your—"

BANG!

The boys' fun came to an abrupt end when a massive quake shook the TARDIS.

"Was that an earthquake?" Batson questioned.

"If it was, it shouldn't have shaken the TARDIS," Ben observed. "Nothing's supposed to even budge, according to Alicia."

"Yeah, Maureen told me the same thing," Billy concurred. "But something definitely shook it."

"Let's go find out what," Tennyson suggested.

Together, along with Samuel and Gizmo, they rushed to the console room, where they found the adults already gathered with a new group of people – Alicia, Si, Lovecraft, and the Malfoys.

"Alicia!" Ben was more than relieved to see her among the congregation, hugging her the second that he saw her. Once he disengaged from the hug, he looked at her face and noticed something unusual: "Wait a sec. What happened to your bruises? Last time I saw you, your face looked like a bear kicked your butt!"

 What happened to your bruises? Last time I saw you, your face looked like a bear kicked your butt!"