Epilogue: The Journey Ahead

Six Months Later...
in Hawkins, Indiana

            Since its grand opening last summer, Starcourt Mall had been a popular hangout spot for children, families, and young adults alike. Whether it was to see a movie, grab a burger, get some ice cream, or shop for the latest fashion trends, it was everything the residents of Hawkins needed. That much was certain with Christmas fast approaching. It was the busiest time of the year for the shopping center.

            Sitting at one of the booths in Scoops Ahoy, an ice cream parlor located in the Food Court, Maureen and Alicia were thankful they weren't among the frantic consumers in a mad dash for last-minute Christmas shopping. They were merely two women, dressed in style appropriate to the 1984 setting, enjoying their favorite flavors – Mint Chocolate sprinkled with Skittles and Oreo crumbles with M&M's – while waiting for a friend.

            As they waited, one of Scoops Ahoy's frequent employees, Steve Harrington, approached in his uniform – a cartoonish sailor suit. "Ladies," he checked in on Alicia and Maureen. "Anything else I can get ya?"

            Alicia swallowed the bits of Oreo and M&M in her mouth before she answered, "No, thanks. You're doing a fantastic job, Steve."

            "Keep 'em comin', mate," Maureen said, shoving in scoop-after-scoop like there was no tomorrow.

            Harrington gave a thumb up before returning to the checkout counter. His co-worker and former classmate at Hawkins High School, Robin Buckley, stood there with the whiteboard she'd used to keep tally on him. Along one column was labeled "You Rule" with zero tallies, while the other was labeled "You Suck" with a total of six so far.

            "I'm gonna go ahead and add two to the 'Suck' column, before you strike-out with those girls, too," she told Steve

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

            "I'm gonna go ahead and add two to the 'Suck' column, before you strike-out with those girls, too," she told Steve.

            Steve snickered at her frivolous belittling. "Don't even bother. They're way too old for me."

            "Wow!" Robin scoffed. "You'll definitely strike out with that line." She set the whiteboard down behind the counter. "How 'bout this? Tell the one girl with the Oreo/M&M combo that she looks like Tina Turner. If she goes for it, I'll give you two marks on the 'Rule' column. If she throws her cup down your pants, it's another one for the 'Suck' column."

            Steve humored himself even considering Robin's ultimatum. "O.K. What about the girl with the Mint and Skittles?"

            "Tell her she looks like Madonna and I'll give you four marks on the 'Rule' column. Same relegation if she throws her cup down your pants."

            Harrington couldn't resist a good challenge, especially since Robin had no idea how well he already knew Alicia and Maureen. Considering that they saved the multiverse together, six months ago, it was fair to say that they'd be willing to play along and help him make a complete fool out of his co-worker. "You're on," he accepted.

Infinite DC: The Legend of Cthulhuजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें