Mr. Fear

Pain was all he felt as he sat up in his crib that felt more like a jail cell than anything. There was a small mirror attached to the wooden bars that he took into his shaky hands and used to inspect the damage.

Bruised cheeks, a black eye, split lips, and an agonizing pain in his stomach. He thought he'd be used to all of this by now since it was his life before...before...

Wiping away tears that had yet to fall, Max looked towards his window and then towards the door to his room. Damn his small stature; if he'd just been big enough then he could've escaped by now. But who was he kidding? There was no escaping this, there was never going to be an escape from this.

A rumbling in his stomach only agitated the pain in his nether regions, causing him to groan and whimper a bit. Big mistake. Not even a second later, his mother entered with a cheerful expression on her face.

"Good morning Maxwell, did you sleep alright?"

God he wanted to tell this bitch where she could stick it, but that would only end him in more trouble since talking was prohibited, and mouthing off was basically asking for a beat down. Not wanting to make her ask twice, he nodded his head slowly and looked away.

"Good boy, now how about some nummies hm?"

She didn't wait for a response this time though. Instead she picked him and bounced him a few times, causing him visible discomfort. Not that she didn't know what she was doing.

"Now I told you this would happen baby. You have to potty so the pain can go away."

"I'm not a fucking baby, and I'm not-"

A sharp slap shut him up immediately. She'd warned him that if he talked or even thought of mouthing off there would be consequences, and the woman was way too happy to make good on that threat.

She sat down in a rocking chair and began to hum the tune of "Silent Night" as she applied pressure to his stomach. Fuck it hurt so fucking bad and of course the bitch had to know because she was smiling the entire time.

Max squirmed and did his best to hold it and his whimpers in but eventually his body gave in and released into the diaper. Tears streamed down the boy's cheeks as he quietly sobbed and felt the warmth spread throughout the accursed material between his legs.

His mother stood up and began carrying him out the room, much to his surprise. He didn't understand, his changing table was back in the room so why the hell was she taking him elsewhere? He couldn't ask so he did what any baby would do when they were upset and whined.

"Oh don't make such a fuss sweetie, Mommy will change after breakfast okay?"

It wasn't like he was actually being given a choice, but he still nodded in agreement anyway. He was placed into his high chair and given a bowl of dry Cheerios while she went off to prepare him a bottle. This was how it was every morning, extravagant breakfast for her and dull cereal and formula for him. Of course today's meal would definitely have a little kick to it.

When he was done with the cereal, he was given a bowl of sliced up bananas and strawberries alongside a bottle of chocolate milk. The bottle he was used to but the flavoring and the fruit was something new. He looked up at her with questioning green eyes only to receive her hand rubbing his cheek almost lovingly.

"Eat up sweetie, Mama needs her baby boy to be full."

Of course he was curious about what her true motives were but at the same time he felt the need to eat. Who knew when he'd get a chance like this again? He began to eat the fruit slowly and then took a sip of the milk. In addition to the taste of formula there was now the sweet taste of chocolate and something else. He couldn't put his finger on it but it was something that tasted almost medicinal.