Chapter 18 Brave Love

Start from the beginning

I, Bae Joohyun will definitely

Confess my feelings towards Seulgi.

"That... I think I really like you. That I admired you even back in high school" I trailed off with eyes fixated on my phone.

"So who did you admire in high school?" a sudden voice made me snapped and look at the person in front of me.

I froze.

The cause of my uneasiness appeared in front of me. Kang Seulgi. I was shocked that no words came out to utter.

"Hi." She greeted with a simple smile. I felt awkward and gave her a force smile but again, no words came out from my mouth.

"It's been a while since I saw you here. Bae...Joohyun, right?" she asked. I was surprised that she remembered my name because the last time I came in disguise was several months ago.

"I...I went to my home town. I just came back to the city today" thankfully, I was able to form words and acted it out.

"Are you okay?" she randomly asked with eyes filled with worry or am I just assuming things. I didn't realize that I answered her with a long stare making her to shift her attention and proceeded on placing her order.

"Here's your two, Ice Americano." She was alone when she came, so I thought maybe she was waiting for someone, maybe Moonbyul or Eunae but to my surprise, Seulgi just took one of the drinks and turn her back ready to walk to her seat.

"Wait. You forgot your other drink" I stated. It felt warm when Seulgi turned back and said. "It's for you." Along with a comforting smile, Seulgi walked away from the counter to take her seat.

All I could do was smile for a certain memory that crossed my mind, the memory of the young Seulgi who gave me a packet of juice. I just thought of how pure that was and in the same moment of anxiety.

You comforted me.

"I guess there are some things that never change" I trailed off while stroking my finger on the coffee container she left.

Seulgi's point of view

I tried to act normal entering my work but failed to do so. I was constantly caught up with the same question over and over again.

"Chief Kang, are you okay? You seem unwell." One of my subordinates stated in worry. I shook my head in response.

"I'm alright. Thanks for the worry" I force a smile and proceeded on walking towards the editing room.

Upon sitting in front of the computer, I was caught in a deep trance.

Why am I so affected, anyways?

The news of that actress dating someone makes me ruffled for the past few days. Suddenly, all the scenes that happened to us for the past meetings flashed back.

That time when Irene went to my house drunk to apologize for what she did, that time when she left me a blanket when I fell asleep in the studio. She made me feel special at some point that I can't deny how touched I was back then.

And that...

...kiss.

"It's actually KISSES! She kissed me twice!" I argued to myself. "I know it doesn't mean anything but..." I stopped my track of thoughts.

A guilt feeling ran through my spine as a question popped on my mind "for me, what do those kisses mean to me?" I trailed off stroking my lower lip with my finger.

"If she's really Joohyun, then I've come to know a little too late." I could feel the heaviness starting to surge within me. I could feel my head starting to get dizzy with my sight starting to be blurry.

And it felt like time stopped...

...when a drop of tear fell from my eye.

I never thought that the same heartbreaking feeling I felt back in high school

Will haunt me today...

Third person's point of view

Observing meticulously, the pony-tailed chief editor stood one step back beside the camera man with arms crossed on her chest. She was holding a rolled paper on one hand as she watched the on-going variety shooting inside the studio.

"Oh. How was your blooming relationship with Jeric, Miss Irene?" On the heat of the conversation, one of the MCs asked. All the other celebrities present on the shooting started to shoot some questions with anticipations for answers.

At first, Irene answered with an embarrassing smile as an act of playing along with that stupid lie of dating but her eyes accidentally glanced at the person standing beside the camera man. Despite the spotlights directed to her, she was able to see the person clearly.

Seulgi...

Irene tried to shift her gaze but ended up turning her stare back at the chief editor. Not trying to ignore this time, Irene noticed how Seulgi's eye lids were lower than the usual. She also noticed how Seulgi's glance shifted slowly to the floor as her crossed arms lowers and pulled out from being crossed together. Seemingly to turn her back from the scene, Irene assumed that Seulgi was ready to walk away.

Almost like a cue, Irene gulped and said. "I will take this moment to tell everyone...that I'm not dating Jeric Lee"

A hundred percent reason for Seulgi to stop her tracks and turned to look at Irene upon hearing what she announced. All the people present at the shooting were shocked and in awe with the sudden confession.  Even the staffs were bewildered with the sudden statement. What more would it be for Irene's manager.

"Because we're at the certain topic, I would like to take this chance to confess that I'm not dating him. It was a show that I'm not happy to oblige."

--End of Chapter 18--
my thoughts while writing this chapter "it's been a while since it felt like a seulrene ff" 😂

Don't forget to vote and comment 😉