Was there no other way? Did I have to be the loser?

"Your thoughts are so loud I could hear them from a mile away." Someone said beside me, but when I looked there was no one there. Blinking, the famous sixth man stood in front of me.
"Wha- what the-!" Stumbling two steps back, I pointed at him, the shoes dangling with the motion. "Where the hell did you come from!?"

"Do I have to answer that?"

'That monotone voice, I'll kill him!'
Rushing to him, I grabbed his head and squeezed it, what did the bastard think he was doing? "You idiot! Why the fuck are you here?!"
"Ow, ow, ow! Let go, baka Haizaki-kun!" I felt a sharp pain at my side and quickly let go.

"B-Bastard!" Gritting my teeth, I felt every vein popping, my muscles throbbing to just strangle this ghost of a kid. Oh how satisfying that would've been.
He looked back at me with the usual poker face. "Haizaki-kun," he started. "Hasn't changed a bit."
.
.
.
"We need to talk."

So that's how I found myself sitting on a bench not too far away from our previous spot, sitting as far away from the annoying brat as possible. "So? What is it you brought us here for?"
The kid looked at the sky, his big blue eyes filled with something I'd identify as nostalgy, while the wind caressed his teal locks. I wondered, wasn't he cold in his black, red and white uniform? I sure was getting a bit chilly, and more annoyed by the second.
Finally he spoke up:
"You and Kise-kun... made a good show." What did that have to do with anything? "Too bad you played more of a ghost of a past seeking revenge, than a good rival." I would make a comment, heck, really strangle him this time even, but he turned to look at me with disappointed eyes.

"You think I don't understand how it feels? Being left behind?" My eyes widened. Was he getting where I thought he was? No, I wouldn't let him!
"Hah-!"
"Let me finish." His narrowed eyes, filled with anger, pain and regret looked into my soul. I felt so powerless now. I wasn't talking to the phantom sixth man, Kuroko Tetsuya. I was talking to Akashi Tetsuya.
"You'd think one could learn manners in the time." He turned his head away with a frown. "But you know?"

"..What?" I raised an eyebrow, curious now, offended as fuck, but curious. Believe me if I could mess with his messed up family, I'd send the kid crying back to his daddy with his tail between his legs.
"I guess that's what makes Haizai-kun Haizaki-kun. You're hot-tempered, uncaring yet strive for the best. For the number one place. You're prideful and strong and you pull your strings at the right time."
Shut up.
"I guess that's why when they decided to kick you for being you.." Shut up! "It made a big blow to your pride. Who were they to judge?"

"SHUT UP YOU DAMN MIDGET!" In a blink of an eye I had him lifted few inches above the ground, hanging by his collar, my fist ready to strike his pitiful emotionless face. "You don't-"
"Haizaki-kun doesn't really believe that though." The guy interrupted me once again. "I too don't."
Gritting my teeth, I put him down. He continued speaking. "You truly did feel hurt. Because you lost the one sport you loved. Because you were replaced and left behind.. because the one family you thought you had left you."

"So what?"

"You took it out on the week. On me. All that anger, it just wouldn't go away. It pissed you, because it wasn't even from the hurt anymore. It was because of your actions.
Haizaki-kun."

Silence.. he stopped talking after that. And I couldn't even really respond anymore.
He got me..

"I never thought though.. that I'd return to thank you."
"Hah?" Is this kid crazy? "What are you talking about?" He smiled a small smile, turned his back on me and waved.

"I'll let you figure that out."

Surprised, I took two steps forward. "Oi! Come back here and explain!"
"Goodnight Haizaki-kun~" he kept waving. That idiot!
"Hey wait!" This time, he turned to look at me, it seemed like he was disappearing as seconds ticked by. It wasn't fair. I had a lot to say to that midget but..

"You're not stopping me this time?"

Oh that mischievous smile. That fanned brat. "Do I have to?"

With that, he left. Disappeared like the phantom he was. Leaving me thinking and regretting.

In the end, I went home. The shoes clenched tightly in my hands.

.
.
.

Alright guys!! This was the ending you were waiting for! Tell me whether you'd like a prologue or just the list of future fanfics I have in mind?
Comment down below!
Press that comment button and the first comment I get will be deciding!
If I can, I'll get the lastest 😆 part out tomorrow so we can go on to voting for the stories!

Sadly this fic won't get a sequel, at least as of now, because I don't really have any idea on how to continue it, I don't really feel inspired for a second part of this book. But it can be changed in the future ^^
So minna, don't give up on me

Also don't forget to give a like to this, tell me what you thought? Was It good? Worth the waiting? Or na?
Did I come back too late????