Chapter 3: Tears Behind The Mask

Start from the beginning

Whenever they were apart Damian felt a pain, a sharp pain in his chest which he couldn't explain. He had to stop himself before he developed a dependence on Jon, but by now.. it was too late he was already experiencing the withdrawal.

It hurt him now, even when he was with Jon for he knew he was with someone he could never truly be with. But he kept it all under wraps, no one noticed he was different when Jon was there, no one but Dick but to Damian, he wasn't important right now.

Damian thought it was an addiction to affection, similar to one being addicted to alcohol or cigarettes however.. that all changed but a few nights ago.

Damian remembered it all so clearly, oh yes. He remembers the night gave in. The way Jon peeled off his mask, he remembered meeting Jon's eyes the heat rushing to his cheeks. He remembers Jon's smile, he remembers the way he captivates him everytime they're together. He remember's Jon's arm on his shoulders, he remembers wrapping his arms around him. He remembers his mistake, his fault. He remembers the way he kissed Jon, pressing his lips against the younger boy, he remembers the way his body melted into Jon's how the world seemed to stand still for an eternity at that very moment. He remembered his soft delicate lips and the way how it fit perfectly with his own, he remember's Jon's sweet boyish musk how he could feel Jon's warmth radiate from his body. At that moment, Jon was his.. he didn't want it to end, he wanted to do more he wanted to be more with Jon but he knew he could't. So before too long he stopped.

He broke the kiss, he remembers staring into shock, the shocked eyes of Jon, the pang of regret and guilt immediately hitting him. He thanked Jon and disappeared into the night before he could cause more harm.

That night he realized what he felt wasn't addiction or anything like that.. he realized it was something.. far.. far worse. He realized that he had fallen in love with Jon and now.. this is only going to make things worse.

An obnoxiously loud and sing-songy ringtone broke him from his trance. Damian opened his eyes and saw his pillow, soaked in tears.

He sighed and turn flipped over, looking at his phone, he dreaded to see who it was. And lo and behold his fears came to fruition. It was Jon, fucking Jon. Sweet, innocent, lovable Jon. Damian spat.

He wiped a few tears streaming down his face, steadying his breath, dreading to hear Jon's voice before he finally answered.

"What is it, corncob?" Damian asked, his voice barely keeping steady.

"Uhm.. hey Damian, are you.. doing ok?" Jon asked, his voice shaky.

Hearing the genuine concern in Jon's voice made Damian's heart skip a beat. He clenched his sheets tightly.

"TT. Ofcourse I am. Why did you call?" He kept his responses as short as he could.

"I was just wondering if you could... meet me in front of the Gotham City Amusement park tonight. Oh and don't wear your costume" Jon said

Damian raised a brow

"Why would we need to meet there?" Damian asked

"I just thought that you and me could use some bonding, we spend almost all our time together crime fighting or training."

"And that's a bad thing.. why?" Damian asked

"Because! I want to spend more time with Damian Wayne, Superboy spends so much time with Robin and I got jealous. They might be best friends, but Jonathan Kent's best friend is still Damian Wayne. So uhm yeah." Jon answered.

"So you'd like to.. hang out with me?" Damian asked

"I mean, yeah. Plus I've always wanted to see the Gotham amusement park! Who better to see it with than you?" Jon said, excitedly.

"What about your parents?"

"Oh don't worry, my dad already said yes. So uhm yeah."

"I don't know Jon.."

"Awww please Damian? Pretty please with a cherry on top?" Jon asked sweetly.

Damian felt his cheeks flush a deep shade of red before answering. "Fine, see you at 6."

"Yay! See you in a few Damian! Bye!!!" Jon shouted excitedly into the phone making Damian pull away.

Damian relaxed, putting the phone down. He let's out a sigh his thoughts once more invading his mind.

"What have I gotten myself into?"

A/N: Yay another chapter, wooh and it's a day early. So yeah, like, comment and all that jazz or whatever I'm supposed to say here. But in all honesty, do comment if you want to ^^ suggestions or whatevs really help. Anyway, yeah. Till next time or something like that. Bye ^^ -Jason

PS: Heyo! Jason here, if you enjoy my work, please consider sending me a donation! It really motivates me to keep on writing, even just 1 dollar means a lot.

Or, if you'd like a fully personalized story we can work that out too. Starting at just 5 dollars you can tell me what type of story you'd like, and I'll make it for you, updates once a week.
Just send me a message on here or telegram, after the donation has been confirmed we can talk about your story.

Paypal: JasonPfur43@gmail.com