twelve

I really don't want to say things such as 'I want to go back as how things were before'

I recognise how I am right now, and I will continue to live on

━━━━━━

TWELVE 

a helping hand 

━━━━━━

Detective Baekhyun started a spark, a spark that turned in to a scorching fire, burning everything on it's way. The underground was full of flames and it was only a matter of time before they would reach the city above too. The tunnels were already a dangerous place, but after the arrest of the three corrupt cops and supplier Hyunwoo, things went out of control.

People were trembling with terror once the sun began to set, because they had no idea if they would survive until the morning. It's light never really reached the tunnels, but somehow we still always knew exactly when the moon rose on the sky. The cold night air made you feel like something was crawling on your skin, people's gazes got darker and their steps quicker and every single sound made you flinch and look around with fear.

Is it me? Am I going to be the next one to go?

You knew that you weren't safe and it was a horrible way to live, because your heart never stopped beating a little faster in the fear of dying. You suddenly realised how vulnerable you were. Weak and powerless. All you could do was keep hiding and praying that the monsters, hiding in the darkness, wouldn't come for you next.

That was exactly what I was doing. Most people were scared, but they were innocent. If they would die, it wouldn't be by chance and not because of anything that they did. I knew for a fact that the darkness was after me.

The leader of the Lee mafia was very pleased with the result of the investigation about the dead drug dealers. The police locked away the people that were responsible for it and not only that, we also unknowingly gave him a chance to take over Ji's business. Those who worked for the woman that exported drugs in foreign countries, were now doubting her leadership. Mister Nam thought that this was a perfect way for him to kick her off her throne. The only problem was that she wasn't planning to just sit still and watch him take what was belonged to her. If anything, she would get revenge over the people that gave him the power to even try to do that.

I already warned the detectives to be careful, but then I heard that I wasn't safe either. Ji knew that the police had the help of someone from the underground and she was determined to find that individual and make them pay. She was looking for me.