eleven

I'm sure that there's a reason why I've been sent to hell. I guess I can go after I've been sufficiently punished.

 I guess I can go after I've been sufficiently punished

━━━━━━

ELEVEN 

on the hunt

━━━━━━

You have to hold on, Three.

You have to hold on just for a little longer.

Criminals knew a lot of different ways to get rid of dead bodies and I wasn't about to become one of them.

You don't stay down.

Not until somebody comes and forcefully drags you in to the afterlife.

The cold ground on the back of the van. Blood drying on my skin. The sound of the radio that the driver was listening to. My chest, persistently rising up and down as I took slow and weak breaths.

I'm not dead.

My body was completely immobile until all of the sudden, one of my fingers started twitching. Then, I clenched my fist and slowly opened it again. Strength was slowly returning with my muscles, together with the pain.

Don't hate pain.

If you can feel pain, it means that you are still alive.

I slowly opened my eyes and lifted myself in to a sitting position. My head felt heavy and it took a few moments for my vision to focus again. The back of the black van was empty and my hand was trembling when I raised it closer to my eyes and observed the damage. My skin, deathly pale from spending most of my time underground, was littered with dark purple and red bruises. The men left after they got tired of beating me up, except for the one that they left in charge of abandoning my body somewhere outside of Seoul, where I would freeze to death before I would even manage to wake up from the slumber that their fists forcefully put me in.

They were being a little more careful for a change. They knew that Baekhyun's team was on their trail. We were running out of time.

They didn't realise that they made two fatal mistakes.

The first one was allowing me to see their faces while they were beating me up.

The second one was being cowards and not making sure that I was dead before they left.

The back of the van was easy to open and I made sure not to hesitate. I was in a bit of a daze because of all the painful wounds on my body, so I carelessly jumped out of the moving vehicle. I made sure to shield my head with my hands before my body crashed against the asphalt and rolled right in front of a moving truck. I heard the sound of it's loud honking and the driver hit on the breaks, but it was already too late. I stayed crouched down as the truck drove right over me. One of the wheels came dangerously close to my leg, but it didn't touch me.