Chapter 5: Backseat

I walked down the steps of our large, run down apartment building and towards the exit. I glanced out a window before going down and saw the two of them talking. I gripped my backpack strap and stared at their really nice car. Good thing Kate helped me pack, I probably would've forgotten Teds.

He's my teddy bear.

I sighed as I took a step down the staircase, and forced my feet to move. My brain wanted to stay, stay with Kate. But I knew I had to go. Something was telling me to. But why?

I walked outside the door and saw the both of the leaning againest the car. They immediately noticed me and they both smiled.

"Ready?" Misha asked me. I nodded and answered hesitantly.

"Yeah..." He smiled and walked around the car to the driver's seat, while I hopped into the back seat. I shut the door, buckled myself in and we were off.

For the first few minutes, they didn't say anything, so I started to think that it was just a regular family that I would have to deal with.

But I was so very wrong.

"So, Delaney, do you have a nickname?" Misha asked, glancing into the rear view mirror. I glanced from out the window to the back of his head.

"Um, you can call me Del." I mumbled.

"Del? Like Del taco?" I winced and nodded slowly. His wife smacked his arm.

"Hey, do not call her that." He smiled and looked at me remorsefully.

"Sorry." I shook my head.

"It's fine." I mumbled, resting my head in my hand, which was propped againest the car door.

They glanced at each other. They probably thought it wasn't gonna be this hard. If they thought this would be easy, then I'll be home sooner than I thought.

"Well, Del, my name is Vicki, and this is Misha." I nodded.

"I know." Vicki glanced at me.

"You know?" I shook my head and closed my eyes.

"Sorry, I just, my roommate is a big fan of yours and my friend uh, looked up the cast list on the t.v show she watches. Super...Natural?" I mumbled the end since I wasn't to sure on what show it was.

"Yeah, I work in the show. She really likes it, doesn't she? I could hear her screaming." I laughed a little.

"Yeah. She sure does..." It was silent again.

"So what kind of shows do you like?" Vicki asked me. I shrugged.

"I mean, I don't really have access to a t.v, so I just watched it on my friends phone but, I really like gilmore girls." Misha chuckled.

"Really? I have a friend who was on that show." I perked up and looked at him in the rear view mirror.

"Really? Who did he play?" Misha thought for a second.

"I think his name was Dean? Which is kinda funny." Suddenly I was feeling a whole lot better about this whole situation.

"Wait, did his character work at doose's market?" Misha squinted his eyes.

"I think so. His name is Jared Padalecki." My mouth fell open and I finally smiled.

"Seriously?" I sat up in my seat. "I love him!" Misha grinned and Vicki smiled.

"Well we can call him and ask him to come meet you, does that sound ok?" I nodded.

"That would be awesome!" They both laughed a little at my obsessiveness over this guy I don't even know.

Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all.