Chapter XXII

The following morning Beca was greeted with a thumping headache, which made her feel as if she were hit by a truck. She groaned in agony as she sat up and rubbed her head. It took her a little while to open her eyes and realise that she was alone in her bed.

"Chlo?" She called out but got no answer. "Chloe! Babe, can you get me an Asprin if you're in the kitchen? My head is killing me..."

Beca flopped back down into the bed and waited several minutes for Chloe but the model never showed.

"Where is she?" Beca grumbled then carried herself out of bed and searched the ensuite that was empty.

Beca then made her way out of the bedroom and into the main room that was also empty, as was the kitchen, the study, and outside. Chloe was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is she?" Beca went back into the bedroom, grabbed her phone, and dialed the redhead's number but it went straight to voicemail. "What the Hell?" Beca called Chloe a few more times but still got no answer.

Agitated, the artist called Jesse instead who answered his phone.

"Hey, Becs,"

"Hey, Jesse, do you know where Chloe is at all?"

"Don't you remember what happened last night?"

"Umm... No... Why? What happened?"

"You were wasted out of your mind, to say the least."

"Okay, well, I get wasted sometimes so that's nothing new. What's it got to do with Chloe?"

"It's what you did last night while you were wasted that's got to do with Chloe."

"What happened then?"

"Well, Xavier was there and you decided to get drunk off your ass because of it. When he accidentally spilled his drink on Chloe, you got up and accused him of trying to get into her pants and you called him a bunch of names such as ape, chimp, grizzly bear, werewolf, and other things. Then to make matters worse, you said and I quote, "it's no wonder all of your previous boyfriends left you, Chloe - they wouldn't go anywhere near you after this ape. I've always wondered why I get itchy after we have sex"."

Beca's heart sank at the words.

"No... I... I didn't say that. I, I wouldn't have. That's, that's..."

"You did, Becs, and you broke Chloe's heart," Jesse told her sorrowfully.

"No, I... I can't believe I did that... Why would I do that?"

"Because you hate Xavier and you had enough. You lost control."

"I... I did... And now Chloe's gone... Where is she? Do you know?"

Jesse was hesitant to answer but he knew he couldn't lie or hold back with Beca.

"She stayed over at Xavier's house."

"She WHAT!" Beca roared.

"She was upset, Becs! Could you blame her?"

"Yes, well, no, but Xavier? Xavier! She could have stayed anywhere else but she chose to stay at HIS place!"

"I'm guessing you've tried calling her then?"

"Yes, about fifty times and I got no answer. I swear to God, if he's touched her in any way..."

"Just relax, Becs."

"Relax? RELAX! My girlfriend just went home with her ex! How can I possibly relax?"

"She's a grown woman, Beca, and I highly doubt that anything happened between her and Xavier last night."

"You don't know that. She was upset and vulnerable - he could have done anything to her!"