Chapter IX

The crowd cheered and screamed at Chloe once she had finished her song. The redhead thanked the crowd as she walked off the stage and was met by a gobsmacked Beca who looked at her girlfriend in both shock and amazement.

"Well?" Chloe prompted. "What did you think?"

"What did I think?" Beca echoed. "Chlo... You wrote that?"

"Yep." She smiled proudly.

Beca always knew that Chloe could sing and the model had also helped Beca with her music block when she had trouble coming up with new lyrics. Chloe was a very creative and talented individual but Beca never knew that Chloe was capable of making her own song from scratch.

"That was amazing. I want to put it on my album and make it the first track," Beca stated.

Chloe beamed. "Really?"

"Really. That was incredible. You wrote that about me?"

"Every word." Chloe folded her arms around the brunette's neck. "For my baby."

Beca flushed then gave her girlfriend a kiss.

"Chloe!" Xavier approached the couple and Beca rolled her eyes heavily.

"For the love of-"

"Xavier!" Chloe stopped her girlfriend and put an arm around the artist's waist. "You're back!"

"I am! I just heard your song. Amazing!"

"Thank you! It was for Becs,"

"Very moving." The man smiled at the redhead and Beca just wanted to punch the smile off of his face.

"Beca's going to put it on her album!" Chloe told him excitedly.

"She is! Wow! That's so nice of you, Beca!" He turned his gaze to the shorter woman, still with that beaming grin.

"There's nothing to it - she's my girlfriend and she's extremely talented." Beca reminded him.

"She is indeed. I'm not going to dispute that. Anyway, when's this after party kicking off?"

"Well, I've just got to give a concluding speech with Courtney then it'll be underway. So in about... half an hour or so?" Chloe spoke.

"Sounds good! I'm looking forward to it. It'll be good to hang out again."

"Oh, totes!" Chloe beamed. "I'll go and get ready with Courtney then we'll party!"

"That's what I like to hear!"

"I'll see you in a bit. Come on, babe," Chloe took Beca's hand and led her away from Xavier and took a detour into Beca's dressing room.

"What are we doing here?" Beca queried. "I thought you were going to get ready with Courtney."

"I am but I wanna spend a little alone time with you first." Chloe folded her arms around the shorter woman's neck. "So, did you like my song?"

"I loved your song. I think you should work with me,"

"I do work with you."

"No, I mean professionally. You're a great singer and you can create your own music. You'll be amazing."

Chloe paused and looked at her girlfriend, examining her face carefully. "Are you serious?"

"Totes," Beca winked. "I think if we work together it'll be good. We could do duet songs and stuff. I mean, it's a new idea but I really think it'll be great. Beca Mitchell featuring amazing, gorgeous, and talented girlfriend Chloe Beale... What do you think?"