Chapter XII

It was dinner time and everyone was sat around one large table, enjoying their seafood, which Chloe was most happy about. The redhead had delved into her peppered shrimp while Beca was devouring her seafood platter.

"Hungry, baby?" Chloe asked with a smile.

"Famished. I didn't realise how hungry I was until now," Beca responded with a mouthful of food.

"Eat up, my munchkin." Chloe leaned over and kissed the brunette on the cheek.

Beca wanted to scowl the redhead but she was too hungry at that moment to care.

"So, how'd we all enjoy our day?" Chloe asked everyone at the table and they all came back with positive responses.

"Well, Benji's got some interesting news..." Jesse nudged his friend.

"Ah, yeah... I suppose I do," Benji uttered.

"What happened?" Chloe smiled.

"Well, I kinda met this girl and she's really beautiful and I may have messed up my first impression."

"BUT, we're going to work on it and go see her tomorrow," Jesse added.

"That's great, Benji!"

"Well done, Benji!"

The others smiled at the man.

"We're going to go and see her tomorrow where Benji's going to ask her out," Jesse informed the group.

"So cute!" Chloe beamed.

"What about you, Jesse?" Beca asked. "Find anyone for yourself?"

"No," he chuckled. "Not yet." The man looked down at his food and continued to eat silently, wishing the conversation would shift.

This didn't go unnoticed by Beca and it made her rather uncomfortable but she planned to talk to Jesse later. Jesse's despair also caught the attention of Chloe. The model knew of Jesse's constant crush towards Beca and it used to bother her to begin with but she grew accustomed to it but every now and then, Chloe would get a little uncomfortable with the man. She knew that Jesse was kind at heart and that he would never hurt Beca in any way but the fact that he still had a crush on Beca - Chloe's woman, the love of Chloe's life, Chloe's world - made her a little uneasy. Chloe wasn't one to get jealous much but when she did it wasn't pretty. To Beca, it was as if World War III was about to happen. So the brunette tried to make sure Chloe never felt that way.

"How was everyone else's day?" Beca was quick to change the subject.

"Bree and I went to different wedding chapels and looked through different ideas," Stacie spoke and Beca mentally cursed the nurse.

The subject of marriage was still a delicate one and Beca hadn't spoken to Chloe about it ever since their anniversary. Beca felt bad about how she left things with her girlfriend but she just wasn't ready to take that step with Chloe. Yes, Beca loved the model to bits but getting married made her feel uncomfortable. It was a complicated topic for Beca. She wanted to make Chloe happy more than anything but she also wanted to be happy herself. She was still confused and she felt a slight awkwardness with Chloe all because of what happened on their anniversary. Both women agreed to put the incident behind them but it was still there lingering in their minds. Chloe was desperate to get married and Beca knew it but Beca was afraid. The brunette still had a lot to work on in that area but it wasn't something that she was eager to sort out, much to Chloe's disappointment.

"Aww, how cute!" Chloe beamed. "Did you find anything you like?"

"Yeah, there were lots of things that we liked. We got lots of information and advice. Bree was quick to ask every question imaginable so I just followed her lead," Stacie answered.