“Alexandria..” a small smile tips up the corners of his lips.

   “You think that’s funny, Ryan?” I ask, looking at him with an austere expression on my face.

   “No, you don’t understand –” he says.

   “Then make me understand.” my voice cracks, as tears start to roll down her cheeks.

   Rye just looks at me and tries to reach for my hand, but I move away from him.

   “I don’t even know if you are aware that your actions are hurting me.” I remark. “It hurts to see you with her, it hurts because I know in myself that I don’t even have the right to complain because we’re just friends, I don’t even have the right to be jealous.”

   He didn’t say anything and just looks at me, the expression on his face hard to decipher.

   “Tell me, am I just a joke to you, Ryan?” I ask him, trying to keep my voice even.

   He looks taken aback by what I had just said, “N–no, of course not, why would you think that?”

   “Well, because that’s how you make me feel.” I retort. “You make me feel special and later on, you’d make me feel otherwise.”

   “I – I am sorry.” he stutters out.

   “Just.. leave me alone if you aren’t serious, besides it seems like you’re going to be okay without me, you’re just like Matthew.” I say and walk past him, leaving him at the stairs as he stares down at the floor.

   Tears stream down my cheeks as I grab the car key from the table in the Living room and walk out of the house. Unlocking the car, I bite my lip to stop myself from sobbing as I try to put the key into the hole shakily. Suddenly, Andy shows up and takes the car key from me.

   “Where are you going?” he asks, his voice concern yet demanding.

   “I – I wanna go home.” I sob, looking down.

   “You are so vulnerable right now, Alexandria, I am not going to let you drive.” he says.

   I pull the sleeves of my sweater and use it to wipe my cheeks whilst he sits on the side and puts his hand on my lap. He just looks at me and waits for me to calm down, before smiling at me and ruffles my hair as he gets up.

   “Come on, I am driving.” he takes my forearm as I get out of the driver’s seat.

   He opens the door for me and I quietly climb into the car.

   “W–where are we going?” I stutter out.

   “Just sit there okay, I know a great place that we can go to.” he smiles at me, that smile that could instantly make you feel at ease and comfortable.

   Without waiting for my reply, he closes the door and gets onto the driver’s seat and starts to drive away from their house. I was just staring out the window, when a tear streams down my cheek. I discreetly wipe it off and just bite my lip, as I try to stop myself from crying.

   “You okay?” he asks, glancing at me and back at the road.

   I nod without looking at Andy, but that question seems to take all I had to stop myself from completely breaking down.

   “Alexandria, there you go again..” he puts his hand on my knee whilst he continues to drive with the other.

   “I – I am sorry, Andy, I just – I don’t know why I said that.” I stutter out.

   “Hey, it’s okay.” he reassures me and puts his hand back on the steering wheel. “You didn’t do anything wrong, you just told him how you feel.”

   I just keep quiet, I didn’t know what to say, I am honestly too emotional to think about anything at the moment.

   “Alexandria, it’s okay to feel that way; you were jealous to see him with someone else because you like him, but you should stop overthinking. I know that you have trust issues, but Rye’s different. We both know him very well and you know that he wouldn’t do anything to hurt you, he can never do that to you.”

   “I know, I just –” I breathe out and just shake my head. “I am sorry.”

   He smiles a little and pulls over at the side; turning the engine off, he unbuckles his seatbelt and looks at me.

   “Let's go.” he says and climbs out of the car.

   Puzzled, I did what he told me; I climb out of the car and walk over to where Andy’s standing. We are at a cliff about a hundred feet high, I look down at the clear blue sea; reflecting the serene skies above.

   “Beautiful, isn’t it?” he asks.

   “Yeah.” I mutter, as I stare at the horizon.

   “Rye and I just saw it whilst we were driving around the place last week,” he says. “it’s where I go to whenever I want to take my mind off things for a while.”

   I just nod and take my phone out to take a picture of the beautiful view, slowly feeling at ease just by simply gazing at the horizon.