I wish... pt 2- Kleinsen

/I'm watching Supernatural and I'm low key scared. Also that's Elliott Smith music for y'all who are confused. It legit has nothing to do with the oneshot but just read the lil a/n after the chapt./

3rd POV

Evan had heard a noise outside his window and looked outside to see a figure put something inside of his mailbox. Still half asleep, Evan decided that whatever it was could wait till the morning. Or for when he couldn't sleep because it was nagging at him. carefully, attempting to not wake his mom, he left the house and walked silently to the mailbox. A letter adresed to him read:

I wish I had an excuse. I wish I could say there's a reason that I'm depressed. Like my parents got divorced or I was abused as a child. The thing is, I had a perfectly normal, happy childhood. Nothing bad ever happened. Then high school came and shit went downhill. I fell for my best, and only, friend who was too busy falling head over heels for someone else. I started to actually care about my grades, but the thing is, I kept doing bad in all my classes. All of my anxiety added up and then I just cracked. Which is why I'm writing this, and to you Evan Hansen. Because I think you were the only one who knew how I felt, the only one who actually understood what I feels like to be broken when everything and everyone else is fine. You know, or at least you did. I had loved you. You knew that too, except you left me. So this is for you. To remind you that I used to be here, to let you know that I almost stayed here. But tonight, it all ends. Tonight I say goodbye to you and everything I've ever known. Tonight, I have to say goodbye to the last love of my life and the only one. Goodbye Evan, when you get this I'll already be dead.

Sincerely,
Me

What? Who is this fro-Jared. I need to find Jared. Evan suddenly realized what was was wrong. 

Evan sprinted to Jared's house, worried about what could happen. This is all of my fault. If I just told him how I felt, he wouldn't do this. Scared, Evan approached the Kleinman's house with great caution. Opening the front door with the spare key from under the potted plant, Evan walked towards Jared's room. "Jare? A-are you okay?" Pushing open the latter boys bedroom door, Evan noticed Jared sitting on the edge of his bed with a bottle of pills in his hand. 

"Ev- Eva- Evan I jus-just couldn't do it." jared managed through sobs. "I wanna di-die, but I can't do it." Evan sat next to Jared on his bed. 

"It's okay, Jare. Everything's going to be okay." Jared fell into Evan's arms, his body racked with sobs and his whole figure shaking. 

"Evan, you have no clue. I just felt so alone. I don't know why." Jared was quiet for a few seconds. "Did you read my letter?" Jared said softly, still in Evan's embrace. 

"Yes." Evan looked at Jared, some tears still falling down his cheeks. Leaning in Evan closed the distance between the two boys. "I wish you knew how long I've loved you; I wish you knew how long I've dreamed of kissing you; I wish you knew how much I want you in my life and how I don't think I could live without you." 

That was all Jared needed to know that he was wanted. I wish...

/I finally finished hahahah. I'm gonna start a new chapter cause I practically fell of the grid this week. Oof. I have like 3 drafts, oops, so maybe I'll finish one of those? Also if you wanna listen to good music that's low key sad, listen to Elliott Smith. I'll put my fav song up top. Also I didn't kill anyone this time!!! Yay!!!/

-gabby