bad habit- Tree Bros

/Before I start writing a mini A/N. i never write tree bros. so @imastupidduck you have won (YoU mAy hAvE WoN tHE bAtTle bUT i WilL wiN thE WaRRRR) okay jkjk. this  choice was purely free will and because i love ben platt. if you don't know the song, it's gonna be up there and also y'all live under a rock if you don't know it. okay i should start writing./

Evan 1st POV:

"You always said that I'd come back to you again"
I whisper as I approach Connor's door. Knocking softly I see you through the window as you come open the door and give me a hug.

"Cause everybody needs a friend, it's true." Connor, of all people, should know how important a friend is. I was there for you when you tried to kill yourself. Same with me. But all I need is for someone to quiet the voices in my head.

"Please help me Connor. I need help." I've come down the same road as I have before. The road where Connor helps me, but hurts me in the end. But the voices can go away, right? Connor can make them go away. He's done it before.

"make 'em sing to me instead, it's you." You know the trick to get them to stop. You are how they stop.

"Hate to say that I love you, hate to say that I need you, hate to say that I want you. But I do." Connor pulls me inside by my shirt and we follow the same pattern that we know all too well.

My smooth lips on his rough ones, my bare skin again his matress and my eyes on his.

Bad habit, I know, but I'm needin' you right now. Can you help me out? Can I lean on you? Been one of those days sun don't wanna come out. Can you help me out? Can I lean on you?

"Thanks for that," Connor whispers as he walks naked out of his own bed to grab his camera. A picture of me everytime this happens. It's our thing I guess.

You make me feel like I'm floatin' off the ground. Above this little town, you do.

"This will be the last time." He says, but we know all too well that he needs it just as much as I do.

Look at me smile with tears in my eyes. I love the way you lie, I do. Why do you lie to yourself? You fucking know as much as I do that this isn't the first and it won't be the last time we hook up. But Connor? You're my drug. My bad habit. I need you to survive.

Hate to say that I'm lonely. Hate to say that I miss you. Hate to say that it's dark in here. But it's true. Whispering sweet nothings into my ear like I don't know shit, but I do know. I know that every time something goes wrong for me, or I'm sad, I come to you. Why? I need you every time.

Bad habit, I know. But I'm needin' you right now. Can you help me out? Can I lean on you? Been one of those days sun don't wanna come out. Can you help me out? Can I lean on you?

I grab my clothes off your dirty floor and put them on, piece by piece, layer by layer. "Goodbye Connor." I say to you, hoping that it hold some truth in it, hoping that it means that I won't need my bad habit anymore.

But once I go home, the cycle starts over again. Hate to say that I'm lonely. Hate to say that I miss you. Hate to say that it's dark in here, but it's true.

I try to will my bad habit away, I try to stop everything in my body that tells me I need you, because I don't. I need to be alone, I need to know what it's like without you. I need a detox from you.

Bad habit, I know, but I'm needin' you right now. Can you help me out? Can I lean on you? "Connor?" My jagged breathing cuts violently over the phone. "Connor, I need you, I-I can't die. Help."

Hate to say that I love you. Hate to say that I need you. Hate to say that I want you. But I do. Connor's my drug that I can't quit. And the only thing worse than him is myself.

/ y'all can interpret the ending as you wish idc. also I'm updating. also I wrote this cause I went to bed at 1:00 am last night and woke up at 10:40 am today and I can go to bed. Imma start another oneshot. enjoy this. gn y'all!/

-Gabby