Prosopagnosia- Boyf Riends

/this chapter is low key based on Michael having prosopagnosia (I'll explain in the chapter ahha). I low-key got the idea from a book by one of my fav authors, Holding Up the Universe. Little bitty different, but it's a good book (READ HER OTHER BOOK ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES, BEST NOVEL IN THE WORLD)./

Michael always knew there was something wrong with him. He was never able to recognize faces, even his family or friends. He was always unable to tell any faces apart in any crowd. He uses what he calls "identifiers" which is just telling people apart based on their physical appearances. Like he can tell his best friend, Jeremy Heere, apart from everyone else is because his identifiers are that he always wore Converse and he had messy dark brown hair that he never combed. Michael used to think that this was how everyone lived their life; forgetting who certain people were, even loved ones, but soon enough he realized that it was only him. When he went with his mom's to the store when he was younger, he wandered off and couldn't find them. He had started to cry and when two, indistinguishable women appeared in front of him he cried even harder. Those were his mom's, but he just couldn't tell them apart. When he was old enough, Michael started googling and figured out that he has undiagnosed prosopagnosia. The problem was was that he didn't tell anyone. The other problem was that he was in love with his best friend, Jeremy Heere.

After the last period, Michael was looking for Jeremy. Messy hair, Boyf written on his bag, jeans, Converse, freckl-. Michael was interuppted by an alarming voice coming from next to him.

"-Michael." Michael turned to his right and stared directly at his crush. "Dude are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. What's up?" Michael tried to calm down his already increasing anxiety. He didn't want Jeremy to know about his problem. Michael felt as if it was his fault that he was unable to distinguish faces and that he was strange. Honestly, he just didn't know how Jeremy would react.

"Well I had to call your name 3 times before you even looked my way."

"Oh, sorry, I had my music playing." This was a lie, Michael honestly didn't even notice he called out his name, there were so many other Michael's in the school that he just thought it was some freshman or something.

"It's fine. I was gonna ask if you wanted to come over and play some video games, I've got the house all to myself tonight." This usually meant that they would get order pizza, get high and play video games.

"Uh, sure that sounds great." Michael was secretly worried about the game. He sometimes wasn't able to recognize who was good and who was bad and accidentally kill Jeremy. He would be able to pass it off as if he was just high while being high, but other times he don't have an excuse.

/okay I'm doing a part two because I have a headache and I'm excited for this chapter. also it's 2:30 and I went to bed at this time yesterday and woke up at 12 in the afternoon. oops. okay gn./

-Gabby