The drought

I was ninteen, when the rain stopped coming. For the first month or so, It was no big deal. There was still plenty of water, it was just a little dry spell. Around three months was when it started being a problem. The rivers dropped by at least five feet. Minor lakes dried up. Zora's Domain was no longer coated in a thin coat of water on the floor. Fish became scarce. 

but at six was when the first death happened. A young boy, named Diaml died of dehydration. Of corse, as Queen, most water was reserved for me.  This made me angry. How could I take most of the water while my people suffered? I ordered my servants to divide the water equally.  This normally was little as two glasses of water a day. 

My worry got worse as Veiled Falls, Ralis Pond, and Mikau lake dried up. The water in the zora river dried to just three feet of water. Hoards of men went up to Toto lake everyday, bringing back lots of water, but Toto lake was quickly drying up. 

I finally called upon my fellow champions for help, but they also had no water to spare for me. Now five Zoras had died. The drought was only getting worse, more water was drying up by the day, even the deep waters of Ruto Precipice had dried to only six feet. The men would walk for weeks just to bring back a few gallons of water. I fell very i'll. 

I laid down, feverish, and my poor beloved, Prince Caliupi, never left my side. Even in my fever, I knew what had to be done. "Please... juice the fruits and the fish... drink the blood of the dead... preserve my people..." I would beg in raspy tone. After months, the zora river was gone. The Ruto Precipie was gone.

By some miracle, I recovered without the drought getting better, it must have been the will of Hylia. I went to find Saie, who was getting thin. I mounted him, and road the hard path to the guerdo desert. This mission may have been suicide, but It may have just saved my people. We marched threw central Hyrule, and I stopped at the castle. Link begged me not to go, saying it was a death sentance for a Zora to go to the geurdo desert. His cries reminded me of my husbands frantic cries, begging me not to go. 

But I left. I hugged him, and I cried. I promised him that if I ever saw him again I would never leave his side.