Take Me Down (Dean x Reader) -Part 4

(A/N) its 4am i didn't proofread lol 

Sam Winchester stood in the middle of an old dirt back road, shoving a colt revolver under the jaw of a woman.

"I'm not gonna ask again."

"And I'm not going to explain again," she said, red eyes flaring. "How many times do I have to say it? I.CAN'T. HELP. YOU."

"Can't or won't?" She shuffled uncomfortably within the painted lines.

"A bit of both. Like I said, I've got orders from on high. I break those orders and I'm the one on the rack." Sam clicked the gun back with his thumb.

"But I bet that sounds a bit more appealing than eating this bullet." She smiled widely, feigning confidence.

"You won't do it. I can't help you if I'm dead."

"You're not helping me much now."

In one swift movement he moved the gun from her chin and fired. The shot echoed more miles in the open country. It was followed by the splintering of bone and the blood curdling cries of the demon.

She slammed to the ground, her left knee shattered.

"You're crazy!" She screamed. She was clutching her injury, the orange and yellow electricity dancing beneath her fingers.

"Feel like helping yet?"

"Go to Hell!"

Without the slightest hesitation he shot her other knee and foot in quick succession. Her screams were savage and angry. Sounds that had made Sam's ancestors avoid the woods at night.

"When I get my hands on you-!"

"There's only one way that will happen."

"How many times do I have to spell it out for you! I CAN'T!"

"I've got three more bullets here and enough in my pocket to light you up like a Christmas tree." He pointed the gun at her hip. She flinched back and cried out.

"Stop! I can't do it. None of us can! Face it Samuel. You're brother's going to rot." Her lips curled up in a cruel smile. "He's going to be stuck there for all eternity. And it's what he deserves."

Another shot rang out and the demon clutched at her throat. She was gagging on her own blood, sputtering and gasping. Sam looked her in the eye and a final shot rang out. Her body contorted in gravity defying angles as the remnants of her soul fizzled out in yellow electricity. After a few more jerks her body finally stilled, the hole between her eyes dripping a deep red with the slightest hint of sulfur.

Sam yelled out in frustration. The stars were his only audience but his show of anger would have caught the attention of an arena. When a semblance of calm returned he sat on the dirt, resting against a wooden post.

He looked up at the stars above him. His silent audience. The audience that saw all and knew all, but lacked a voice to whisper the answers.

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked them. "What am I supposed to do?"

As Sam questioned the ancient lights, his phone suddenly went off.

He fished the vibrating device from his pocket. Your name lit up the screen. When he hit the green button he didn't get a chance to say anything before your voice filled his ear.

"Sam?"

Your voice was dry and tight. His heart dropped to his stomach. Sam hated hearing it that way. It wasn't you. There was no humor, no joy, no sarcasm. Nothing but misery.

"What is it (y/n)?"

"I just needed to hear your voice. It's been a rough night."

"You too, huh?" Sam didn't need to see you know that you were nodding. "Where are you?"

"Some desert. I can't even remember which one right now." You laughed dryly. "Helped stopped an apocalypse but don't even know where I am."

"Well I'm usually the navigator so don't beat yourself up too much." You laughed slightly, but it was genuine this time.

"You're right. I'll just blame you." There was a few moments of silence. When you spoke again your voice was wavering and low. "Sam I need to see you. I wan't to go home. I don't want to be by myself anymore."

Sam could hear you straining to hold in your tears. He rubbed his hand against his temple, heartbroken and feeling completely useless.

"Okay, alright. We can meet up."

"I'm sorry." He could hear the tears now, but he knew how hard your trying to hide it from him.

"Don't be sorry, (y/n). It's alright, I promise. But I need to know where you are." There was a pause.

"My map says I'm 25 miles out of Tuscarora, Nevada."

"I'm in Ohio." He heard a small whine. "We'll just have to meet at Bobby's."

"Yeah okay," you said with a sniffle.

"It should take about two days. You gonna be okay until then."

"Yeah, I'll be okay." Your voice sounded more normal now. Sam knew just having a plan in place would be comforting to you. "Sam did you....you didn't find anything did you?" It was Sam's turn to apologize.

"I didn't. I'm sorry, (y/n)."

"Don't apologize, I didn't get anything either...Do you have a place to stay tonight?"

"Uh, huh. You?"

"Yeah. Nothing fancy but it will work."

"When have we ever had anything fancy?"

"Only once. Dean stole a Dior bag for me."

"What?" Sam asked with genuine confusion. "When?"

"We were in Florida hunting down a possessed antique. The store was on some fancy designer street and I went into the Dior next door and was looking around. The salesclerk was mean and pretty much threw me out because I wasn't part of the suitable clientele. I don't know when he did it but when we went back to the motel after burning the cursed object, the bag I wanted was sitting on my bed."

"How did I know know about this?"

"I carried it all the time! You're such a boy of course you wouldn't notice. It's in my room at Bobby's now because I didn't want ruin it with blood and gunpowder."

"When we get back you have to show me."

"I will. But you need to sleep first."

"Same goes for you."

"I'll try if you do."

"Deal. Goodnight (y/n)."

"Goodnight, Sam. I love you." He smiled at the comforting words.

"Love you too (y/n)."

"And Sam...?"

"Yeah?"

"You haven't done anything...dumb or reckless...have you?"

Sam looked at the demon riddled with holes in front of him, his mind being pulled away from your soothing voice and back into reality. Less than 20 minutes ago he'd been consumed with fury and desperation, bartering souls and torturing demons.

"Nope. Have you?"

Over 2,000 miles away you looked to ahead of you at the pretty demon in the pretty suit lying dead in the Impala's headlights.

"Nuh uh."

"Glad we're on the same page then. See you in Siox Falls. Call me when you leave."

"Okay Sam."