A Night of Changes

There was an attack on the borders. Ily was home with Arth. Magnus and Jana were in the frontiers and Samuel was protecting the immediate boundaries. It was a night of destruction. Carles helped him fortify the pack lands.

Kanwar reached without any prompting into the woods. Antony was the next to arrive.

"How did you?" asked Clement surprised as they fought alongside.

"Well, We will know when our brothers are in danger," said Kanwar.

"Drop it," said Clement.

"Okay, Ili called the palace. Dad's were downright worried and wanted to come but we jumped before them," said Kanwar.

"I wonder who will have my skin first though," said Antony.

Clement rolled his eyes but he was thankful that Ily called palace because the proportions of this attack seemed to be beyond their capacity.

Jana and Magnus were kind of cornered as they were fighting a circle of wolves. They saw the red sparks that fly and then each fell dead one after the other. Magnus severed the heads and Jana was looking at the flames and groaned.

"Uncle Ethan, he is going to kill us," said Jana scowling but joined Magnus.

"You mean Ethan De Russe is here?" asked Magnus.

"Yes and if the danger signal went as far as Myrkovir, it means we were in unfathomable danger and he is going to have your head," said Jana

Sure enough there stood Ethan De Russe, reducing the wolves to ashes.

Once the fight settled down, Ethan looked at all around him.

Antony, Jana, Carles and Kanwar had their heads lowered. Samuel, Magnus and Clement were looking at him.

"I don't care how you all lived before. Now my kids are here and you are supposed to protect them. If you can't do that send them back home where they will be safer from your idiosyncrasies," said Ethan.

All looked sufficiently chastised.

"This is their home now," said Samuel.

"But we apologise. This, hopefully, won't happen again," said Magnus.

Jana and Carles looked up and ran to Ethan and hugged him.

"How are you both?" he asked ruffling their hair.

"Good," they said.

Ethan patted on Antony's shoulder.

Kanwar looked at Ethan.

Ethan smiled a bit when he had a handful of his nephew.

"Your dads was worried really bad. Go back and tell them you are all fine. I have to go and calm down Atrey and the boys," said Ethan.

At the mention of boys, Kanwar looked away.

"How is he?" asked Kanwar.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" asked Ethan.

Kanwar scowled.

That was the answer he always got.

Ethan meanwhile mind linked Avadh telling him of the state.

----------------

Ethan went to the house to see Arth who ran to him.

"Grapa" he smiled as Ethan hugged him.

"How's grandpa's Arth?" asked Ethan.

"M good. Where is Grape, Ek and Eve," asked Arth.

"Ah your grandpa grape is worried. Come visit with your dads and uncles yeah? And Ek and Eve sends love," said Ethan.

Arth nodded smiling.

---------------------

Ethan looked at Kanwar as they walked out.

"He misses you, you know. Never goes out for anything other than pack business," said Ethan.

Kanwar looked at Ethan.

"He must hate me now," said Kanwar uncertainly.
Ethan smiled at that.

"My god, Kanwar, you could burn the world down and he would still love you," said Ethan.

"But I did not burn the world down Uncle , I hurt him. Something I promised I will never do. I alienated him. He had no one- I " Kanwar looked away.

"Its better this way," said Kanwar and left.

Antony walked in seeing Kanwar leave.

"Antony, brother," Carles rushed to him.

Hearing the name Ily looked up and saw Antony.

Clement introduced himself.

Then it was Ily's turn to introduce himself.

"Hey Kid," smirked Antony.

"It's Ily, I am no kid, I am going to be 18," said Ily fuming, angry at the man and wanting to slap his handsome face.

Ily stormed to the stairs.

"Not helping your point, Ily. Stay put and brother don't be mean," said Jana.

Magnus, Samuel and Clement share a look.

--------------------------

Later, Samuel moved in sleep. Carles smiled as he buried himself deeper into the man's skin. Carles woke up when he felt an aggressive arm around his neck. He struggled and realised it's Samuel, but his eyes were closed.

"Mate, Alpha- Carles struggled to talk.

And then Samuel woke up and moved back in bed and he looked at Carles and sighed.

"Alpha, are you okay?" asked Carles.

Samuel looked at him incredulously.

"I almost strangled you and you are asking me if I am okay?" asked Samuel.

Carles shook his head rolling his eyes as he moved closer to his Alpha and hugged him. Samuel gave in and let Carles hold him.

"I- I am sorry I scared you," said Samuel.

Carles kissed him. He kissed the man passionately. Samuel held him closer as Carles unbuttoned him and took his cock in his mouth. Once Samuel was rock hard, Carles impaled himself on his cock. Samuel groaned as Carles rode him.

Once they both came, Samuel pulled his mate down under him.

"Are you not scared of me?" asked Samuel.

"That you are trigger harpy? I don't think so," said Carles fondly.

Samuel smiled and kissed him.

"I was scared you know," said Carles.

Samuel stilled and looked at him in askance.

"When I came of age, I felt empty and everyone said it means my mate is dead already. I was scared that I lost you. I lived as a widower I guess. Care free- like a man who got nothing to loose. You know I am scared even now that I would wake one day and all this would be a dream," said Carles.

Samuel looked at him.

"I am here and I will remind you every day that this is our reality because we are scared of the same thing," said Samuel.

Carles smiled.

"Lets be scared together then," said Samuel.

Carles nodded.

Huuuhhh , so what do you all think?

So, we will reach the end of this very soon and the next book will continue from where this ends..

What is the most interesting thing you have seen in the series?