The Prince

The first set of hunters came in full strength. But, Mantini's were just better than the hunters. The next section had two prince's in them. It was Jeev and Vir, closely followed by the King. 

"Well, the Royals do have an aura around them," said Magnus as he led the war.

Meanwhile, Kanwar looked at Vir, " I asked you to back down. I don't want to see you fighting in the frontiers, you heard me?," asked Kanwar. Vir scowled.

"I promised Uncles that I would keep all of you safe, Now off you go," snapped Kanwar glaring at Pran who barged in too.

The arrows were flying and swords were swishing and silver chains were flying, howls shaking the woods on all sides.

And then the Kanwar came face to face with Magnus. It was a big fight. Kanwar could see the Alpha was physically very powerful. Magnus also recognised the King's powers. However, this war was for the integrity and self-esteem of his people.

And then Kanwar's face started showing blue marks. The blueness spread and he was still fighting. Magnus did not stop as the King did not stop. Then an eerie silence fell in the woods. All of the Kingdom hunters stopped fighting. They could all hear it, the paws of a wolf hitting the grounds as it ran. 

Kanwar sneered at him.

"You will lose, I die or not, you can never win over my brother," said Kanwar, his voice filled with pride as he said that.

Magnus knew who was coming. Jana. Jana was legendary. His achievements and power were known to the world. He could feel his own hunters cower in fear.

Magnus had no fear. He was known to be the cold-hearted monster he is. It was not without reason. Magnus turned in the direction and ran towards Jana.

----------------------------------------

Jana looked at his son, now asleep in Carles' arms before he turned and set out. He had asked Carles to look after the safety of the palace. Something about the night felt odd. It was as if his heart was racing and was going to stop running. He shook the feeling off. He could feel Kanwar weakening. It was these power drops that worried Jana a lot when it came to Kanwar and Eka. He rushed out and jumped onto the woods.

This forest was home. His parents had made sure that they knew every nook and corner of the woods. He could feel the wood breathing as he ran past the trees. As he reached closer and closer to the deadliest Alpha in the history, he was feeling odd. He knew the Alpha was charging towards him and it did not scare him. He couldn't understand the anticipation he was having.

He stilled. The Alpha was here. They were both hidden away from each other trying to measure the other.

"Are you scared Prince?" taunted Magnus.

The voice made Jana feel odd. But he replied.

"A fool like you would think so Alpha Magnus Mantis," sneered Jana.

They were yet to set eyes on each other but were prowling to make the jump. The whole wood was silent and both packs and the silent rogues and other pack members in various parts of the woods were listening in.

Then they jumped. Jana crashed onto Magnus and both rolled on the ground and then Jana pinned Magnus to the ground. Magnus was going to upend him when they froze as they looked at each other. Jana's heart lurched. 

"Mate" gasped Jana. They did not even realise that Magnus has upended him and was towering over him. 

"Mate," said Magnus sniffing Jana and then letting out a howl that shook the woods.

"Brother," Clement came out of the woods and got to them at the same time Kanwar also reached there.

Magnus growled and then the sight of his brother broke the trance and he got up. He looked at Jana who was being pulled up by his younger brother.

Jana looked at Magnus and Magnus at Jana. There was a silence.

Magnus turned away and walked back into the woods. Jana looked away.

"I want my pack back, you can burn the rogues for all I care," said Magnus.

Jana was silent.

"You will have to promise to punish them," said Jana.

Magnus turned and looked at his mate. There were a thousand growls from the woods.

"Stand Down," called Jana, his voice firm and Magnus watched as a thousand Alpha's obeyed his Submissive's command.

He looked at Jana in wonder though outside his face only showed disinterest.

"I will, under my laws, free them," said Magnus and turned and left.

Jana looked on. The man was a beast but the beast was apparently meant to be his.

He sighed. He did not even know if this walking away was a rejection.

Jana turned away and walked back. Jana saw Kanwar talking to Clement and the packs stepped back. 

Back in the palace, Jana took his son from Carles and went and shut himself down in his room. He did not know if the Alpha had smelled the pup too. He looked at his son. He carried Arth. Though he was not conceived under normal circumstances, Jana loved his son to pieces.

He thought of his Alpha. The moon goddess had a weird sense of humour. She probably got off on making the lives of wolves difficult.

Jana wished his dads were here. They would know what to tell him.

---------------------------

Magnus glared at Clement who spotten an injury on his cheek.

"I told you to stay back didn't I?" asked Magnus.

"Well, if I had, I woudln't have  met my brother-in-law," said Clement.

Magnus was silent.

"You know you are going home without your mate. May we know why that is?" asked Samuel who joined them.

Magnus groaned.

"I thought I asked you to rest," said Magnus.

"You did but who is the older brother?" asked Samuel.

Magnus was silent.

"Some matings never happen. You are still alive and happy without your mate. I will be fine too. I am not taking a self righteous Princeling back home. I have my priorities and our pack should be the priority, let us go home," said Magnus and started walking towards the Northern borders.

----------------------------------