When you are away

Magnus hated as he could feel Jana's pain intensify. He cursed himself for doing this so he decided to run to the palace.

"Alpha, surely you aren't in a hurry," asked Tamara pushing up here chest a bit and it looked ugly even through the corset. It was, in fact, repulsive as the others were also seductively looking at him.

He realised how stupid he has been. Probably these bitches were even saying all sort of stuff to Jana and he can understand why Jana was adamant of never taking them with him.

He looked at his betas. Take all three of them to custody and I am hereby dismissing you three from the Guards position.

And with that Magnus shifted and ran back home to his family. However, something was not right. His mate and his pup were not inside. He ran in back to human form.

All three of his brothers sat silently. Magnus smelt other people but they were pack, they smelt like Manowar. He sighed.

"Where is Jana? Is he out showing his family around the land?" asked Magnus shrugging off his coat, hating the fact that Jana was not here to greet him with a gentle smile. He missed hearing Arth squeal "Dada".

He decided he was going to have a word about it with Jana. He absolutely hated them not being home to greet him.

"They left," said Samuel.

"Left what? Where?" asked Magnus, not understanding what was being said.

"The Kings had come from 5000 miles and an ocean away because they could feel the pain of their son and his distress," said Clement.

"He can't have been in that much distress," said Magnus.

"Well, duh, he was probably blocking his pain from you because all of us here could feel it," said Samuel.

"King was furious. None of the three spoke back to him and well, he asked bro and Arth to leave with them," said Ily.

"You mean to say he is in Manowar?" asked Magnus.

"Yes, " said Ily.

"Without deeming it fit to atleast send a message," asked Magnus.

"Well, last I remember you asked him to get lost and that you did not want to see his face," said Ily.

No one said anything after that.

"He said nothing? Just up and left?" asked Magnus as he was on the stairs.

"He told us to let you know that he left," said Clement.

Magnus was silent for a moment.

"Pup?" asked Magnus.

"He started protesting but he couldn't say anything past 'but Dada," said Clement.

Magnus looked away. He went into his room and saw everything as it was when he left. Jana took nothing with him and a soft smile formed on Magnus' face. It meant Jana considered this his home.

Magnus laid down on the bed. The pup's toy lay on the bed and there was the book Jana was. Magnus couldn't imagine how much pain Jana must have been in if he only felt a minuscule of it. There was more to it, he was sure. They have fought before too.

Magnus looked at a pic Ily had hung on the wall. It had both Magnus and Jana in it. Jana was looking down, a small blush on his face as Magnus was teasing him about something. They did not even realise a pic was taken till it was framed and hanged. Then, of course, there was the picture of the cutest child in the world, his pup. It still felt weird, when the thought that the child is his pup comes so easily, so barrier-free and always leaves him surprised with the amount of affection he has for a child he has only known for a month and a few weeks.

Magnus went down for dinner. Clement had cooked up something. All four Mantini's sat around. They all were looking at the plates. Clement and Ily were taking out their anger on the chicken that Clement made.

"He was going to make Butter Chicken," scowled Ily.

"If its a chef you want, I will talk to the beta's," said Magnus.

Ily just abandoned his food and left with a fuck off.

Then all three gave up on eating and moved onto the hall.

All three sat on three corners.

"I can't believe Arth is not here to shriek me to sleep," snapped Clement and stormed off.

There was silence for a long time.

"You can go and call him back," said Samuel.

"I did not ask him to go. He took the pup and up and left. This is his home when he feels like it, he will come back. I wouldn't go even in anyone's wildest dreams," snapped Magnus and walked off. The two younger ones who were listening in scowled.

They all looked at each other.

Magnus reached his room and wherever he looked it was just them. Magnus could feel his wolf chiding him too.

Magnus groaned. 

He walked down and looked at the three who went silent as he got there.

He gave the younger two a knowing look but they scowled at him.

"I am going to Manowar. And- no- not a word," snapped Magnus.

"I am coming with you," said Samuel.

Magnus was about to protest.

"As the family head, I should ask Jana's hand for my brother. That's how it is done give that he is the Kings' son," said Samuel.

Magnus went silent.

"What if he doesn't forgive me?" asked Magnus.

All three of his brothers snorted.

"Have you seen the way he glares down anyone who looks at you?," asked Ily.

"Have you seen how he looks at you?" asked Clement.

"And, I don't know if you remember the story of Jana's parents? Jana always does say, forgiveness was what held them all together as a family. Hell, his uncle the great Zaleno even forgave his mate who left and even had a relationship with a woman- the great Viraat. You only shouted at him things you didn't mean. I am sure he will forgive you and would be extremely happy to see you," said Samuel.

Magnus was worried.

Should he be?