Stubborn Mates

Stubbornness was not something new when it came to Magnus but both his brothers were exasperated as the man tried to fuck his mate out of him. He had been sleeping with an array of men and women to prove that mating and mates mean nothing. The desperate attempt said a lot about his mental state and how much he was feeling the effects of not mating. Samuel and Clement waited patiently knowing that Magnus will accept defeat one day soon.

-------------------------------------

Jana was silent as he fed Arth who was playing with Jana's hair.

"Why sad?" asked Arth.

"I am not sad, Son. I was just lost in thoughts," said Jana trying to smile.  He was fine. He did not need a mate. He was actually very sure that he would never even meet his mate after all the fiasco he had in his life three years ago.

He knew Magnus' decision was the right one. They were a disaster waiting to happen. It was better to keep this distance. He heard about the sex spree his mate was on and if it hurt a bit, Jana was going to keep that to himself.

------------------------------------------

Kanwar looked at Jana.

"Shall I send him a message?" asked Jana.

"Are you that eager to be rid of me. Don't worry I am not going to challenge your kingship," snapped Jana. He was too furious and sad and he did not know why he was lashing out at his brother.

Kanwar looked hurt and Jana's heart broke a little. He went closer and hugged Kanwar close to his chest.

"I know you did not mean it that way. I am sorry. I am just a bit angry," said Jana.

"I know. It is okay. I will tell you something I never even told our dads' even though they might know it. I- Eka is my mate. He knows it and I know it too. We have a mind link we never talk through. It opened when we were 18. I- I regret a lot of things in life. I don't want you to feel the pain I am feeling too," said Kanwar.

Jana was silent. Then he snorted and nodded to the gossip magazine on the table. 

"He is happy in the arms of one or the other every day. Didn't you read? Alpha Magnus Mantini's sex life, one person, one night," said Jana. He scoffed and went off, throwing the magazine in the fire as he went.

Jana looked at his sleeping son. This was all that he needed.

-----------------------------------------------

Samuel looked at Clement.

"He can't even focus enough to read through a document. He is in pain and I can see it. Refusing to accept it, well, he has made an art of it, denial and refusal," said Clement.

Samuel sighed.

"If it was a few years back, I would have said It is for the best, but now, I think age makes men wise," said Samuel.

"Experience does," said Clement and Samuel sighed.

"Yes, that too," he said. Samuel looked at his younger brother and smiled.

"But there was no way I could have lived with her. She was far too gone," said Samuel.

"I know," said Clement.

-----------------------------------------

Magnus looked at the guy he was fucking. He thought about everything and even the guy beneath him, but like every other night, only the thought of Jana made him hard. He came while still inside the guy who just groaned as he too came. Magnus sighed. He was done. He moved his cock and took the condom and threw it away and walked out. The guy, Alin, will know to see himself out as everyone knew he only did one night. 

Magnus washed and went back to his house. He went for his brothers' rooms. He looked inside Clements'. The idiot was asleep with one leg on the floor and the other on the bed. Magnus sighed as he placed his leg up and pulled the comforter over him. If Magnus had affection for anyone in this universe, it was for these two people, one Clement and the other Samuel.

Magnus closed the door and got to Samuel's. Samuel was awake.

"Did he sleep?" asked Samuel.

Magnus nodded as he sat down on his brother's bed.

"I was leading us against the rogues and I felt myself weaken beyond belief," said Magnus.

"It will only get worse. I can write to Kanwar. He had told Clement that when you calm down we can talk about the rest," said Samuel.

Magnus sighed and he gripped the sheets and pillow tight, curbing his anger and irritation at himself and looked at his brother who was sitting on the chair on the side, a book in his lap.

"I- Not even one of these people I slept with could satisfy me. I was always thinking of him, how he smelled," said Magnus.

"As much as I would like to advise you on that part, I would rather not know the glorious details of my brothers' sex life," said Samuel. Magnus threw the pillow at Samuel.

"I am sending the letter to the palace and you can go get your Jana," said Samuel.

"It is just a means to an end. And I will make sure he knows it too," said Magnus sitting up and leaving the room.

Samuel sighed.

He took a parchment addressing it to the King.

-----------------------

Jana was silent as he watched Arth play in the garden. He wished Art had a dad too. The bond between a birth giver and a child and the dad and the child were different. 

Then Ivory came running in.

"Brother in law is coming. His brother has sent a letter, saying he will be coming," said Ivory as he got there, panting.

Jana looked at him.

"What?" asked Jana, not sure he was hearing right.

"You heard right, he is coming," said Carles smiling as he got to them.

Jana did not know how he felt about it. No, that would be a lie. He sighed.

----------------------------

Magnus stopped his car outside the palace. Yes, he drove all the way. For one, driving always relaxed him. And another, he needed the time to condition and set his mind to not freak out or get angry at the slightest issues.

Magnus saw the palace up close and had to admit that it was glorious. He saw the hundred or so people who were all royalty standing in the yard to welcome him.

Magnus knew his fathers-in-law was not here and he was not sure how he felt about that.

Magnus looked for the one face he only caught a glimpse of on that day in the forest. It has been a month since then and he wanted to see his mate. He could smell him from this far.

------------------------------------