Reality

Jana was rocking Arth to sleep when Magnus came rushing out of the office room. "Something is wrong, I need to go," said Magnus as he ran out. Jana knew it was the man's duty and even though the bond twinges a bit as he left, Jana stayed put.

He waited as he saw Clement also leave. Samuel was home and he looked at Jana.

"It happens all the time," said Samuel and went off to guard the pack house.

It was hours before that Magnus got back. He looked at the man who looked furious. He was glad that Arth was asleep. He did not want his son to see Magnus like this.

Magnus sat in the hall and Jana heard the wolves approaching.

"I have called the whole packs and sub packs," said Magnus.

Jana nodded and sat down next to him. The Alpha looked agitated.

"What happened?" asked Jana.

"A whole sub pack was killed," said Magnus.

"Who?" growled Jana, his Luna instincts taking over. Magnus looked at him.

"Rogues from the North," said Magnus.

Jana was showing signs of shifting and Magnus grabbed him by his ankle.

Jana calmed down as he was enveloped by his Alpha's smell.

Jana leaned back on his Alpha's shoulder trying to get out of the fury. Magnus hesitated by placing a hand on Jana's arm.

Jana sighed and he stepped away, cheeks red when he realised he was leaning on his Alpha.

When he looked at Magnus, his flush was gone.
"I will just close the room and be back. Arth is asleep," said Jana and went off.

Magnus looked at him as he went off and realised that he too has calmed down.

Magnus went out. There were treacherous people among the pack and he will have to grab them red handed today. Letting them relax would be a mistake and so he was waiting for them to come.

All were assembled in 10 minutes. 

Jana came down and saw Magnus tearing the heart out of a man who was now twitching. Magnus did not stop as he killed the eight betrayers with his bare hand. There was no remorse on his face.

Jana stood there, wondering if his mate even cared. Did he even have a heart? Jana knew the pack which was watching the whole event unfold was also thinking the same. The Hallerbos woods fell silent.

The pack left as the Alpha stood silent towering over the dead wolves.

There was no need to say anything. The message was clear.

-----------------------

Magnus could feel the sense of doubt from Jana. He waved it away. It did not matter what Jana thought of him. Not in the long run. He did not care whatever that entitled prince thought of him either.

He went up and saw Arth in his side of the bed. He went to move the child.

"Don't touch him," said Jana, his voice firm and there was fury and mistrust in it.

Magnus looked at him.

"I don't want a complete animal to touch him. We are werewolves for a reason. We have the reasoning power and compassion which you don't possess. You killed eight wolves in cold blood in the cruellest way possible. I have killed too but there was always mercy and that was the last resort. I don't want you to touch my innocent kid and pollute and poison and darkness him with the poison in you. Atleast go wash your hand to remove the stench of blood," snapped Jana, furious.

Magnus looked at him and stormed off. If it made his wolf whine a bit, Magnus did not care.

Jana saw the man come out and walk out. Jana followed him and saw him sleep in the guest room. Jana felt bad. He knew Magnus might find it very difficult to control his Alpha instincts. Especially the Alpha's of Hallerbos is said to be the descendants of the Holy 5 itself. The Holy five are the first werewolves. Jana himself was descendant of one of the Holy Five. Magnus is descended from Alpha Zeve who is said to have been a warlord and the most dangerous among the holy five. He was a beast who got the blessing from moon goddess to protect the werewolf race till the end of time. Alpha Zeve is said to have killed 90,000 hunters in his time.

However, Jana also felt justified in what he said. He did not trust the man. Not yet.

---------------------------

Next morning, Jana fed Arth and looked for Magnus. He was still asleep. Arth wriggled down from Jana's hand and toddled over to Magnus and patted on his leg. Magnus woke with a start and saw Arth at his feet.

"Afa Mag, you awak?" asked Arth. He had caught on to the Alpha Magnus from the pack members and workers who were making the house child-friendly.

"Yeah," said Magnus as he looked up at Jana and looked away as he got up.

"Goo!" said Arth and ran off only to jump onto Clement's lap.

"Shit, I am so sorry Clement, his uncles have ruined him. He uses them as his cushions," said Jana walking out after leaving the tea for Magnus on his bedside table.

Clement laughed.

"That's okay," said Clement as he tickled Arth who was giggling.

"What's the noise," came the annoyed sound of Samuel who glared at Clement and Arth who promptly shut up.

"He hates mornings," said Clement.

Samuel was already out of the house and in the woods.

------------------

Later Clement saw Magnus coming out of the guest room and smirked.

"Already sleeping on the couch I see," he said.

Magnus glared at him and Clement scowled but returned his attention to little Arth. Finally, he had someone to spoil rotten and have fun with.

Magnus went into his room to see Jana was unpacking his bags. He was slowly setting his stuff in the room. Magnus came out of the bath. 

"I want to see the pack land," said Jana.

"I am going on a round today, you can come with me and leave your son with Clement," said Magnus.

PIC " Remodelled interior of Magnus' house.