DR. EWERS

"I don't believe in all this stuff

"I don't believe in all this stuff. It's all a hoax. There must be a science behind it."

"Lyra, everything you see can't be defined by that science of yours," the stranger shrugged.

"I don't understand what you expect me to do..."

"We'll protect you from danger. You're really vulnerable here. The dark forces are rising..."

Just at that moment there was a blinding flash of light. In a split second she had a vision of stars followed by a sharp pain shooting across her chest.

A female scream ripped the stillness apart and she was thrown to the ground. A silhouette  leaped into the light.

There was a crack like lightning and when she opened her eyes, all she saw was the he stranger standing before her. She had a wand in her hand and black smoke was curling up from a pile of dark cloth on the ground.

"It's one of them. They know where you are, lady." she hissed.

"I... I don't understand," Lyra stuttered.

"You have magic coursing through your veins... The descendant of the Magic trio, you're irreplaceable, pure blood witch."

"Witch!Ugh!" she hated the word.

"I'm Dr. Ewers, the doctor. I'm responsible for all the new concoctions, charms and potions in the world... I'll take you to the tribunal of magic and from there you'd be taken to the induction ceremony... It's time you're officially made a part of the coven of Wisteria Hollows."

She blinked her eyes rapidly and looked expectantly at Lyra.

" Dr Ewersss," she played the unfamiliar words over he tongue. Then she shrugged in defeat.

The skies darkened suddenly and the atmosphere became uncannily calm. To their utter dismay, the people around the traffic, the trees, animals all froze in their motion.

" What's this?" Lyra's panicked voice seemed to echo through the hollow surroundings.

"Venjix, the most powerful dark wizard cast his imprisonment spell... He has stolen and locked away the souls of all these people."

"How come we're..."

"I have a shielding spell on us... But it can't protect us long enough... I'm draining out fast. It's time you realize your legacy and carry out your responsibility. The world is yours to save."

"How do we reverse these spells?"

"We need to get the Trigone," she paused, letting the information sink in. "It's the book compiled by your ancestors. It has an antidote to almost all the spells that Venjix can cast."

"But how did this happen? This is not right. Magic isn't supposed to exist," Lyra was close to tears.

"Magic existed always... There are magicians hiding in your world. The dark powers had been sent to the netherworlds and locked away. Someone has defeated the gatekeeper of hell and freed the darkness..."

"When darkness rises, the good magic needs to fight. Mentor me," Lyra's voice was determined.

Immediately Ewers clicked her fingers and a portal zoomed open. They linked hands and jumped into the light, to begin another life where magic wasn't a thing to hide.

500 words completed

Thanks Pipigrin MaryFahey teamhathaway and KashishBelikov for your invaluable support always