A Spark Of Life

I had no form, I was just a power

I had no form, I was just a power. An immortal life force, created by the unknown whims of the universe, I roamed the vast space alone.

Slowly as aeons passed, I grew feelings, desires for creation.

I collected dust of nebula and blended them with the warmth of stars and suddenly one day I moulded it into a beautiful blue gem.

'Earth', I christened it.

Soon as I came to earth and began to explore the vast expanses of my creation, I felt like being a part of it.

I gathered the dust, the water, the sky, the light and created a art. It looked slender and graceful and eventually I went to reside in its heart, breathing life into it.

'She', I called myself.

Being all powerful, designing the earth, reigning over all spheres and dimensions, soon I was desperate for company. Someone who could admire my creation.

Surprisingly I wanted the other to be a bit different. A bit strong and bold, someone who would shield me.

And thus I gathered all the celestial dust and mixed it in earthly colours and painted a human figure in the air.

The figure sprang to life and came near to me, awed by my beauty.

It touched the smooth curves of my body while I gazed at it's muscles rippling with energy.

Soon we were locked in an embrace as our minds connected. My body craved to unite itself with the 'He'.

Finally in the battle of desires, the 'She' in me lost, as his masculinity dominated my fragile femininity.

But I never knew what the outcome of our union would be. Soon I started changing. My body was rejuvenating, as I felt a force, a spark of life growing in me.

Time flew fast until one day another life form emerged from me. It looked like me, but only smaller in size. It's soft hands reached out to caress my cheeks. I saw the smile in the eyes of 'He'.

'Mother', an unknown word was created in my mind.

Soon more of my kind emerged from me. I could hear their feelings and control their desires as I nourished each one to adulthood. Soon I realized few were like me, others like him.

They joined me in producing new life. But soon things started to change. Their connections to me began to fail.

They broke free and began to think independently. Eventually they started quarreling, which turned to them baying for each others' blood. They ripped apart their siblings and polluted the earth. 'He' converted the 'She' to an object of gratification. Morals degraded.

All my days of hard work, all in vain. I couldn't create a world perfectly.

Eventually I decided to leave the materialistic world and secluded myself to a corner of the universe which I call 'Heaven'.

I still stay here, looking upon my own children, my life blood, destroying my creations, ruining earth, piece by piece.

Unseen by all, a lone tear drops.

500 words completed

A/N Written for the #aimtoengage contest by Ambassadors and mythandlegend

This is my first of its kind... Do give me feedback.

Dedicated to lindajonesAuthor
for encouraging me by her reviews....

Thanks MaryFahey Pipigrin teamhathaway and KashishBelikov.... What would I have done without you!