UNKNOWN CHARMS

"Four more people killed, their throats torn out and dumped in the trash cart

"Four more people killed, their throats torn out and dumped in the trash cart. Police are clueless regarding the recent serial killings in New Orleans...."

I turned off the TV and threw the remote on my ornate velvet coffin. Deftly slipping on my black cape, I stormed out of the house, the memories too much to bear...

I looked into her eyes and was lost in their eternal charm. Her lips luscious and hungry were devouring mine with a, passion and a heat. I tried to draw back but my body responded weirdly.

"Drac," her voice was husky, "I am going to die from cancer. Do you want that?"

"I'm not God," I said

"But you're my God! You can have me for eternity, all to yourself," her lips teased my neck.

It broke my fragile self-control and I plunged my fangs in her ivory skin.

But all dreams were shattered as the cruel reality set in. Once she had awakened herself by seducing me, she broke free of my control, unleashing terror in the human world. She killed mercilessly, drained innocents without considerations and left behind a trail of destruction.

I had to destroy her with the same hands that had held her once, loved her once, cared for her once, everyday of her painful stay as the cancer ate her up from within.

Could I do it? I knew that seeing her would bring back the emotions which had long since been buried in my heart. I had never stopped loving her even if she left me. I had to destroy her.

I gripped the stake tightly in my hand not caring if the silver burned my skin black, as it was the only way to destroy her. If it fails, I would have no choice but to rip her head off.

As I neared the spot where she was last spotted, I found a familiar intoxicating smell. It was her. Immediately I started running, cutting through air like lightning.

Following her trail, I reached a secluded building and she was right there, staring at me, fresh blood on her mouth.

I dithered for a moment, taking in her beauty, one last time before I had to destroy her.

"Drac," she gave a chilling smile, advancing a step, "I see you're here to destroy me. But it's too late."

In a flash she was at my side, my neck in her hands, as she choked me.

One delay on my part had been a great mistake, but it also made me realize that she didn't love me anymore, she hadn't loved me ever. I was just a pawn in her game, in her quest for power and eternity.

And that broke my heart. I turned around, plunging the stake into her heart. A feral scream shattered the stillness of the night.

I lit a matchstick and threw it on her dress, turned around and left, not caring once to see the body I love, turn to ash.

500 words completed.

A/N Thanks to all for reading.

Written for the #aimtoengage contest by Ambassadors

Dedicated to WattVampires for which I'm the Vault Scientist... Thanks once more for supporting me.

Thanks Pipigrin MaryFahey KashishBelikov
For your support and encouragement.