Ben runs away/ Rawhiscar takes over

(For the following, put on the sad music used for Mufasa's death while reading, I'll tell you when to pause it)

Everything is clouded by dust. Ben and Milo are searching the canyon floor. Avery is nowwhere to be seen. Ben coughs up dust and calls out, "Dad!" But there's still no sign of Avery.

Just then, Milo spots something, gets shocked and says while pointing, "There he is!" Ben looks where the rat is pointing at, and sees that Avery is there, laying on his side. He is not moving or breathing. They approach the body and look upon it in a sad emotion. Well, Ben doesn't understand death so he attempts to 'wake' his father.

"Dad? ...Dad come on" He lifts his head up, but it limply moves back. "You gotta get up." He then tries to pull him up by the hand, but it feels lifeless. "Dad. We gotta go home." But no matter how many attempts he tries, he can't 'wake him up'. Until, at last, Milo speaks up, "It's no use, Ben. He's..." he gulps as if he's gonna regret finishing, "gone." Ben then relizes exactly what the rat told him, and then says, "You've gotta help me! Please! Get help!" Milo looks with a blank face, for there's nothing he can do.

Ben then starts to cry, and even Milo cries with his hands over his eyes. The kid then walks back towards his dead father and hugs him while still sobbing.

Then through the dust, Rawhiscar walks towards the crying boy. "Ben ....What have you done?" Rawhiscar says trying to make Ben feel guilty, which worked. The naive kid jumps back and runs into Rawhiscar's arms, wailing, "There were elk and he tried to save me... it was an accident, I... I didn't mean for it to happen."

Rawhiscar pretends to comfortly embrace Ben while saying, "Of course, of course you didn't. No one... ever means for these things..." he pulls Ben closer, as Milo looks at this with disbelief. "But the pirate king IS dead." Rawhiscar continues as he pretends to regret what to say next, "And if it weren't for you, he'd still be alive." This crushed Ben's heart to pieces, being fooled by his second cousin's lie.

Then another thought occurs to Rawhiscar, "Oh! What will your mother think?" Ben separates from the embrace and asks, "What am I gonna do?" "Run away, Ben. Run..." Rawhiscar answers, "Run away and never return." The child who's blind to the truth, runs off.
(Now there's a slight pause in the music, so you should pause it there)

Milo watches as Ben fled the scene. And then he got mad. "You think I would fall for that, Rawhiscar?" He says with his back turned to him. Rawhiscar pretends to not know what the rat's on about, "What are you talking about, Mr. Greytail?" Milo then turns at him with a teary eyed angry face, "I knew you killed Avery, I saw it happen! And I intend to tell everyone about it, including Ben when I find him!" He yelled, although unsure if the child heard. Rawhiscar relized the rat actually witnessed this and angrily says, "You will say nothing! And if you speak of this, I will have you executed! But for now, a muzzle over your mouth and prison for you until you learn to keep secrets!"

Then, the draconians come up from behind Milo with a muzzle in Cetha's hands. Pyndos and Ignatius grab him on both sides so he doesn't escape. Milo instantly recognized the draconians, which now makes him realize Rawhiscar also allied himself with the enemy. "You treacherous son of a-" he gets cut off as Cetha puts the muzzle over his mouth. The draconians then hand Milo over to their boss, who then holds the rat at swordpoint.

Rawhiscar then looks at the draconians, "Well, go on! Kill the child!" Milo's eyes grow big in shock as if in his head he's like, "Nooooo!" The draconians go after Ben in his exact direction.
(You can unpause the music now)

Ben is now at the point where there is no land to run on, looks back and sees the draconians (much to his fear) and sees Gandry's barge docked nearby, yet Gandry isn't there to steer it. But he runs right to it, undocks it and puts on the boost (kind of like a gas pedal of a car).

To tell the truth, he's never steered a boat before, yet he kept on going with the Draconians, now flying after him. After a few moments of ducking the draconians that are chasing him, going through lots of stormgates and other worlds of the Spiral (from Mooshu to Marleybone to Aquila), Ben then suddenly gets to the point where he ends up putting his boost too high and flew right out of the Spiral completely.

The draconians saw the boost speed happen and the force made Pyndos fall backwards and lands in the tentacles of a jellyfish. (Music ends here)

"Owww!" Pyndos yelped on pain as Cetha and Ignatius laugh at the sight of it, yet Pyndos manages to break free, and Ignatius catches him as he was falling (broken wing), yet he was still laughing while pulling him up.

Cetha stops laughing when she relizes Ben just fled the Spiral. "Wait! Where is he?" She asks. "Out there of course! And if you're so clever, why don't you continue to go after him." Pyndos says in pain. "Are you kidding me? There is no way I'm going after him at this rate. He just went a ludicrously bazillion miles out of the Spiral!" "But we gotta finish the job." Pyndos says. Cetha then gets an idea, "How about we tell the boss we've done the deed. Plus, that kid isn't gonna last a second outside the Spiral. But, in case he does come back, we'll kill him then." Pyndos then looks at where Ben left and hollered out, "YEAH! YOU HEAR THAT! IF YOU EVER COME BACK, WE'LL KILL YA!" "Pyndos, you do realize that in outer space, no one can hear you scream." The three all laughed anyway as they make their way back to Skull Island.

Back in Skull Island...
All the pirates of the Spiral (with Xenophilius and Luna Lovegood as the only non-pirates to attend) gather up for Avery's funeral (and his hat is recovered to be buried along with him). Rawhiscar delivers the sad speech about what happened.

"Avery's death was a terrible tragedy;" He says, "But to lose Ben, who had barely begun to live..." As he was talking, the pirates all mourn over the death of their king, Mr. Gandry comforts a crying Eloise who is grieving over the deaths of her husband and son. Luna is also in tears, as she is embraced by her father, who also shows his sad expression.

Rawhiscar continues, "...For me it is a deep personal loss. So it is with a heavy heart that I assume the throne. Yet from the ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet the dawning of a new era..." as he is speaking, draconians start to emerge from behind him, casting eerie shadows and evil laughter hollowly, "..in which pirate and draconian come together, in a great and glorious future!" All the participants gasp at the sight of the draconians, even Milo who is watching this in the dungeons in chains and muzzle at the moment, and then went down on his knees feeling guilty for not helping Avery and Ben well enough and for being a coward during the stampede.

Old Scratch sees this from his crystal ball in his grotto and wipes away a tear. He then goes to where his paintings are, scratches the one with Ben as a baby to shreds with his two clawed hook, and throws it in a fiery cauldron. He then sits on the ground and grieves over the loss of his friend and that boy. "Even if I an' I call them from beyond the grave, it still won't save Skull Island. If only there be someone to deliver us from all this."

If you cried, you are not alone, even I cried writing this chapter. But the story's not all over. For in the next chapter: we find out what happened to Ben.