Everything the Wind lanes connect/ Tackle and pouncing lesson

A few years pass, and Ben, prince of pirates has grown from a baby to a child. But on a 'special' day, sunrise covers over Skull Island, and a young Ben seems to be the first to wake up. He looks out to from the balcony and then runs to where his parents are still sleeping in their bed.

"Dad! Dad! Come on, we gotta go. Wake up!" He says excitingly. But, Avery is asleep still. Then the child starts shaking his dad to try to get him awake. Eloise, the mother, sleepily says to her husband, "Your son... is awake..", yet Avery (also sleepily) replies, "Before sunrise, he's your son."

Ben still shakes him, and when his father opens one eye, the boy glares at him saying in a rather impatient tone, "You promised!"
Avery that nods his head saying, "Okay, okay. I'm up, I'm up." And then he gets out of bed as his son smiles.

After Avery and Ben get dressed, they walk up to the great big Spiral telescope. Eloise watches as they go with loving eyes. And when father and son find it, they take a great look through it, where they see lots of the worlds of the Spiral, besides Skull Island.

"Look, Ben." Avery says "Everything the Wind lanes connect is where we pirates can call home, besides Skull Island, which was considered the most popular for us." Ben is amazed as he says "Wow." Avery then continues, "A pirate king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Ben, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king."

"And the pirate havens all over the Spiral will all be mine?" Ben asked in interest. "Everything" Avery answers. "Everything the wind lanes connect," Ben silently says to himself, then he takes a look at one of the worlds that makes him rather curious, "What about that one world that looks shadowy and crystal infested?"

Avery takes a look at it and answers in a protective tone, "That's Dragonspyre, the ONLY world pirates never make haven at. For no one ever leaves it alive, and we must never go there, Ben." "But I thought a king can do whatever he wants." Ben says. Avery then assures him, "Oh, there is more to being king than... getting your way all the time." Ben feels awed, "There's more?" And Avery nods and chuckles a little.

Now Avery and Ben are walking by the sand just next to the pirate village. "Everything you see exists together, in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance, and know which pirate to trust, and which to not, for we pirates always watch our backs. But most importantly, we must respect all the creatures-- from the flying fish to the wild elk." Avery lectures. Ben then asks, "But, Dad, don't we eat the fish and elk?"

"Yes, Ben, but let me explain. When we die, our dead bodies become one with the dirt. And from the dirt, grows the grass with the help of water and air. And normal fish breathe water while flying fish breathe air like we do. And the elk eats the grass that grows from the dirt. And so we are all connected in the great Circle of Life." Avery explains happily.

Gandry and Milo appear from the village and both greet their captain, "Good morning captain!" Avery replies saying, "Good morning hearties." "Checking in with the morning report" Gandry states. "Proceed" Avery says.

"Well! The dogs are absolutely barking about the foxes outfoxing them and it's getting radical." Gandry says. Avery looks a little concerned and raises an eyebrow, "Oh, really?" "That's true." Milo says. "And the frogs are hopping mad about the pelicans poking their beaks into their business." Gandry continues.

But Ben isn't interested in this 'morning report', for he is trying to catch a nearby grasshopper, even tries the 'tackle and pounce' maneuver his dad does in battle (kind of like a surprise sneak attack), but sadly he keeps missing that little hopper. Avery takes a little notice of it and asks, "Son, what are you doing?" "Tackle and pouncing." Ben answers disappointingly since he didn't catch the grasshopper. Avery then has an idea, "Let a old pro show you how it's done." He then looks at Gandry who is still going on.

"And the guinea pigs are still bickering about the crabs mistreating them. I told them to get along, but those guinea pigs are still feeling crabby about it." "Gandry, would you turn around?" Avery asks. "Aye, captain" Gandry says without thinking why and continues his report, "the water moles are being angsty about the badgers badgering them,"

Milo of course does notice that Avery is trying to teach Ben something, so he just looks to see how it's going to happen. Avery then whispers to Ben, "First, stay out of sight from your target." Gandry still is oblivious to what's happening, "But I always say, Badgers only act like that when provoked." "Okay, stay out of sight, got it." Ben whispers to his dad as he does what he was told.

But then, Gandry the monkey starts to get the feeling that something is amiss, "What's going on?" He asks his captain. "A tackle and pouncing lesson." Avery answers. "Oh very good, tackle and pou-" he then realizes, "Tackle and pouncing!?! Oh no, sire, you can't be serious..."

Avery hand gestures for Gandry to back around since the realization made the monkey face them again. "Oh... this is so humiliating." The monkey says to himself. Milo snickers a little at the sight of it. Avery then whispers to his son, "Try not to make a sound." Gandry then got so worried that he turns back and asks, "What are you telling him Avery?"

But the moment he looks at what was supposed to be Avery and his son's direction, they seem to have disappeared. Gandry looks around uneasily, "Avery? Ben?" He then looks at Milo, who just shrugs his shoulders. Then suddenly, Ben does a full tackle-pounce on Gandry, leaving the monkey pinned to the ground. Avery comes out of hiding while laughing very hard and loudly, even Milo laughed. "That's very good." Avery says to Ben as he gets off the monkey.

Then a frog pirate hops over to Gandry and salutes as he arrived with urgency, "Gandry! Sir! News from my fellow watch guards." And then he whispers something in the monkey's ear, which shocked him.

"Now this time-" Avery was saying until Gandry interrupted with urgency from what he heard from the frog. "Sire! Draconians! In the Skull Island Skyways!" Avery gets back to a serious tone. "Milo! Round up the rest of my crew, we are going to have to banish them back to Dragonsprye again." He ordered." "Aye, Aye Captain!" Milo responded as he ran to round up his comrades. "Gandry! Take Ben home." He then said. "But, Dad, can't I come?" Ben asks, but Avery answered "No, son." And then he heads off at full speed.

Ben then feels disappointed, "I never get to go anywhere." He says sadly. "Oh, young master, one day, you'll be king; Then you can beat those scaly winged mangy stupid poachers from dawn till dusk." Gandry reassures as he is escorting the child home.
There will be another chapter soon, so don't leave.