Chapter 9: New beginnings

Lauren's POV

I came home with the biggest sorrow I have ever had. I quietly hid behind the walls and listened to my sisters.

"They are on the walk for too long now. I don't like it." Christina spoke up.

"Yeah, I am worried about my Pizza and Sugar." Dani added.

"We can't lose them. We are gonna wait another half hour and if they don't come back even then, we will look for them." Katherine suggested. The imagination of unconscious Lisa came to my mind and I let out a quiet sob but loud enough for Dani's ear.

"Hold on...I think I heard someone who sounded like Lauren." Dani guessed right. I couldn't hold my pain anymore, so I just started crying loudly and rushing towards my room, without even saying a word.

"Lauren, what's wrong?" They got out of table and Amy decided to follow me.

"Let me be. I wanna be alone." I almost hit Amy's head while I was shutting the door in front of her but she managed to get through it before I could completely close it.

"Lauren, tell me what's wrong. You don't look like everything is okay. And where even is Lisa?"

"L-L-Lisa is d-dying." I barely could speak.

"What? How come that?"

"She is in the hospital, fighting for her life. She got bit by a dog at first and then hit by car. It's all because of that she wanted to protect me. Lisa is dying because of me." I covered my face.

"Oh Lord. That's heartbreaking. But Lauren, it isn't your fault at all, stop blaming yourself. Lisa is a strong woman, she will get through this. Calm down and breathe. Everything will be okay, everything will be alright, say a prayer, close your eyes..." Amy started singing our song One More Night. She is such a sweetheart but I can't withstand one more night without Lisa.

Next morning...

I have slept nothing last night. I looked one last time at my room before I left there a paper and escaped through window. I went to nearby cliff and wanted to suicide myself.

Dani's POV

I went to check Lauren's room, if she is awake but she wasn't there. All I found was just some paper. When I read it, my heart sank. There was written:

Dear family,

this is my LAST GOODBYE,

I loved you all but I didn't deserve you.

-Lauren

Without even thinking, I grabbed keys from my car and rushed to my car. She can't be dead. 

I was driving through streets when I saw some cliff. Perfect place for suicide. Soon, I saw her. My Sugar standing there, ready to end her life. I can't let this happen.

"Lauren, stop! I need you to be alive!" She started falling but luckily, I grabbed her by leg and pulled her back to me.

Lauren's POV

"Please God, hear my prayers. I am willing to die but just please, keep Lisa alive. Please, forgive everything bad I did in the past. Forgive my sins and let me die in peace." With these words I started falling down but someone grabbed my leg. 

"Am I already in heaven? Am I with Lisa and she is touching my leg?" 

"Lauren, stop it! You are alive, it's Dani. I just saved you from suicide." I turned to face my youngest sister.

"I wanted to die, Dan. My life is nothing without Lisa."

"She will be okay. You can't give up just because of her. There are millions of people who love you and who want you to be alive. Can I do something for you, Lauren?"

"Danielle, tell me the truth. Why did you save my life and why you care about me so much?"

"Okay, Lauren. I know admitting this is so wrong but I like you more than a sister."

"What?! You are telling me all of this just now?" 

"Yeah, I am sorry, please just don't be mad at me." 

"I am not, I am just shocked now."

"Can I do something for you now?"

"Just kiss me, Danielle."

"What? Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, I am. Shut up and do it. I just want to calm down." Then I felt her lips on mine. It calmed me but I couldn't feel any spark. It was nothing, compared to Lisa.

"Did you feel something?"

"I am sorry Dan but no. I love you but just as my sister, nothing more. I love only Lisa."

"Okay, I get it. I can move on." Suddenly, I got a message from doctors that Lisa started to wake up from sleep. 

"Dan? Can you do me a favor and drive me to hospital?" I finally let out a little gigle. Lisa is still alive!

In hospital...

"Oh Lauren, so here you are." Doctor welcomed me.

"Is Lisa okay? Can I see her?"

"I operated her belly and leg and the operation was successful. I can tell that you saved her life."

"Me? How?"

"Well, you called 911 as fast as you could, so the transport was very quick. Thanks to that, she was immediately taken to the operating theatre. We managed to save her stomach and leg, there wasn't any transplatation or amputation needed. She is still asleep but she is starting to wake up, she is getting better. I think she should be close to waking up now, go and see her."

"Thank you doctor, for all that you did for Lisa." I thanked him and entered the room. When I saw my baby laying there, still sleeping and with all of that machines on her, my heart sank. I came closer to her and started caressing her soft cheeks.

"Lisa, I am here. I am here with you and I will never let you go. I don't know if you know that I am with you but the truth is... that I almost killed myself because of you. Please, baby wake up. I want to see your beautiful eyes, beautiful smile, I want to feel you. I love you Lise, please say something. I can't live without you." I released a quiet sob and squeezed her hand gently. To my surprise, her pulse was getting faster and faster. She even squeezed my hand back. She is waking up!

"W-where Am I? What happened? Why Am I feeling the pain in my belly and I can't feel my leg?" She opened her eyes with shock.

"Shhh, love. You are in the hospital but everything is alright."

"Lauren?"

"Yes Lisa, it's me."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Can you please stay here with me?"

"Of course I can. I will never let you go, Lise. I almost lost you, I can't imagine my life without you..."